Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • National Trust bans trail hunting
  • Premier Icon Pauly
    Free Member

Excellent news!

Premier Icon rossburton

Awesome!

Premier Icon Houns

Great news!

Premier Icon tjagain

YES!

About time too.  That will hopefully lead the other big landowners to make bans permanent or make their own bans

Premier Icon jimw
    Free Member

Also on a much smaller scale the Malvern Hills Trust have just permanently suspended any trail hunting on their land principally because their wardens had followed at least ten hunts that they had allowed and found them breaking their licence conditions -specifically encouraging dogs into cover that would have been impossible to lay a trail through on more than one occasion- and bylaws on numerous occasions including driving quad bikes when specifically asked not to.

Premier Icon tjagain

The hunts have no been firmly outed as the criminal conspiracy they are.  this is certainly a big milestone on the way to the end of this barbaric and sadistic practice.  Made my day – I thought the national trust would bottle it

Premier Icon footflaps

I thought the national trust would bottle it

I just assumed they’d be inundated by pro-Hunt members, hoping to affect the vote.

Premier Icon tjagain

The vote was not binding and the vote easily passed to ban hunting but given how the national trust is set up and governed I thought they would bottle it but good for them for not doing so

Premier Icon CountZero

👍🏼

Premier Icon Drac

Finally!

Premier Icon Pauly
    Free Member

Can’t believe we have 100% consensus on a STW thread!
    Happiest day of my (forum) life…

😉

Premier Icon esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Excellent news! I’ll wait till It’s absolutely certain then I may let my wife re-join. I cancelled our membership about 4 years ago because of it. 😁

Premier Icon pyranha

A nice surprise, but a little way to go. The Rights of Way issue leaves a loophole, which I suspect will be exploited. And it seems strange to continue to allow ‘ceremonies’.

The NT website says:
    Please note:

– the Trustees’ decision means that no licences will be issued for the exercising of hounds on National Trust land
    – there may still be some ceremonial meets on National Trust land which will not involve trail hunting activity
    – trail hunting groups, like other groups, do not require licences to cross our land if they remain on bridleways, public footpaths, or other public rights of way.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

👍🏼

Premier Icon Poopscoop

Fantastic news and about bloody time.

Premier Icon sparksmcguff

Not bad, not bad at all

Premier Icon dissonance

The hunts have no been firmly outed as the criminal conspiracy they are.

Whoever sneaked into that zoom meeting did a superb job.
    Whilst it was rather obvious what was going on up until that got released there was some plausible deniability if someone tried really hard at it.

Premier Icon gwaelod
    Free Member

Natural Resources Wales have also just made permanent their temporary ban on trail hunting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59337295.amp

Premier Icon rossburton

However, the ‘anti-woke’ curation vote was narrowly defeated by just 3000 out of 100000+ votes, so expect Reform Trust to up their game and try and get that through next year.

Premier Icon whytetrash
    Free Member

Brilliant news…. im no dog expert how would you keep a pack of hounds on a bridleway?…just outlaw keeping packs of fox hounds! There’s only one reason they keep breeding them

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.