Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • National cyclo cross champs in Derby – anyone going?
  • SimonR

National cyclo cross champs in Derby this weekend – anyone going either to watch or race?

details on British Cycling website

Could always stop off at the new pump track on Cotton Lane too – it’s only just down the road from there.

DPM

I’m going! See you there 😉

Should be a good one if last years is anything to go by. Wonder if Hugh is commentating again.

crazy-legs

Yep, going on the Sunday.
    Should be some great racing. 🙂

bikerbruce
    Free Member

I’m racing U23 on sunday morning! give me a shout if you are there..

Blackhound

I live in Derby but already arranged to ride in mid Wales. WIll have to watch for the Eurosport coverage.

Have a great weekend, perhaps pop along to see how the velodrome is coming along.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Thinking of going up on the Sunday to catch Womens and Mens. Bikerbruce, will try and get there early enough for U23s but it’s a trek from South Wales.

SimonR

Who do you ride for bikerbruce?

We’ll look out for you and offer words of encouragement 😀

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ll be there to watch on the Sunday, only 10 mins ride from mine along the Sustrans route

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

You sure it’s on Eurosport?? Can’t see it

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I live in Derby but didn’t know this was taking place… Where at?

crazy-legs

Frosty125: Moorways Sports Centre. Details on the link to British Cycling in the OP.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Really want to watch it on Eurosport??

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Scrap that it’s on Eurosport at a later date!!!

aracer
    Free Member

My niece is racing U14s

DPM

Just noticed on the riders list a certain Ms Moseley is riding 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

I went this afternoon after morning ride, caught the elite men’s race, Nick Craig 3rd, awesome
    Managed to ride all way from mine to pretty much Moorways offroad too and found a nice cheeky trail for the cross bike in some woods near Rolls
    Top day

thepodge
    Free Member

I was there on Saturday, Nick Craig was in first by a country mile when I left, what happened?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Thepodge, nothing happened. Craigy won the Vets comfortably yesterday, then took the start in the Elites today and got 3rd! Legend!

thepodge
    Free Member

Ah I see

crazy-legs

Craigy won the Vets comfortably yesterday, then took the start in the Elites today and got 3rd! Legend!

His son Thomas won the Juniors today too. Lots of National Championship jerseys in the Craig house tonight!

Juniors was a cracking race, really close at the front and Thomas got it in a near sprint finish.
    Women’s race was dominated by Helen Wyman who just rode everyone else off her wheel and won by a mile from Nikki Harris and Ffion James.
    Elite Men’s race was really close until a mechanical for Paul Oldham (who was in 2nd) when he slid off and a piece of course marking tape got caught in his wheel and jammed it solid. He was forced to run to the pits, he ended up about 6th and fought his way back to 4th but couldn’t quite catch Nick Craig. Ended up Ian Field, Dave Fletcher, Nick Craig.

Loads of people out cheering in spite of the rubbish weather. The course was really muddy, riders were changing bikes every half lap.

scottrider
    Free Member

Highlights of the races will be shown on Eurosport 27/1 at 20.15.
    Link to BC:
    http://goo.gl/72pmge

iain1775
    Free Member

I’m in that trailer vid twice within the first 10secs 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘National cyclo cross champs in Derby – anyone going?’ is closed to new replies.