Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • National Companies you always have good service from…
  • Caher

Post Office – always deliver.

theotherjonv

Counterpoint – They told me to change the battery in my watch they’d have to send it away for 2 weeks and charge me £80 (the price of the whole watch!) because it’s a dive rated one.

Found a local dive shop instead and they did it for £10 and it took less than 30 mins.

Is that bad service from Timpsons though – or just honesty about what they are capable of doing. I’d rather have that answer than them do it and then the watch leak because they didn’t have the right skills.

Rich_s

I find timpsons quite pricey compared to the local outfits. But they are decent at what they do. Once went in with a knackered metal strap on a watch. Pin had sheared. Timpsons bloke said he wasn’t authorised to do the work, but he could do it if I agreed.
    So I agreed, he walloped it out, replaced it and handed it back.
    Then he said because he wasn’t supposed to do it, there wasn’t any charge. But if I wanted to contribute, I could put some change in the charity box.
    Impressive.

Watty

Tesco Mobile for me

Not for me, absolutely bloody useless. No mobile data since porting my old number, no end of calls/messaging has produced sweet eff-all. Very frustrating as it was a really good deal, now cancelled. Oh, and UK based customer service? not on your nelly.

smiffy

The FOH lady was telling me I’d need to change the distance to my computer screen and refused to consider the glasses might be wrong. I complained and they refused to consider my complaint and refused to issue a copy of the prescription that the incompetent had concocted when I said I was going to get it re-done elsewhere.

In my experience they always give you a paper/card with your prescription printed on it, but if not, it’s personal data under DPA/GDPA, they cannot withold it legally?

Not on clueless locum day they don’t. Once Corps get into full-bore defensive mode everyone goes hyper-obstructive. I got my money back quickly enough the next Saturday morning when I let it be known I had all day to hang around and get in the way of their busy premises, but the prescription was another matter. It was as if people’s jobs depended on me not having evidence of them employing a non-competent person.

The good news is I am now with a great independent outfit and everything is just grand.

smiffy

AO. Not only for the Ramones reference, which should be enough on its own, but for just doing exactly what I’ve paid them for. Every time.

Cougar

Oh, Led Lenser.

I had a head torch which failed, the cable between the light and the battery pack became intermittent. I got onto Led Lenser expecting nothing, I had no receipt, couldn’t remember where I’d bought it from or even when. They said send it back, we’ll take a look.

I wait. Time passes. Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold. Then I get a package delivered, brand spanking new replacement and the model above the one I’d returned.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Found a local dive shop instead and they did it for £10 and it took less than 30 mins.

Did the dive shop pressure test it?
    Doubtful.
    Timpson’s would have had that done for you so you’re probably comparing apples and lemons.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.