• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by st.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Narrow/wide again – any difference between the brands?
  • davosaurusrex

The RaceFace N/W chainrings seem to have become the default option but I was wondering if there is much difference between the brands? Works Components are a bit cheaper and UK made, looks are subjective but is there much if any difference in terms of retention performance and/or longevity? I’m guessing they haven’t been around long enough for many people to have tried more than one?

rickon
    Free Member

Ive yet to see a bad review of any of the narrow/wide. I went with a Works Component one as it’s cheaper, and UK made – which is appealling.

The anodising will come off in a couple of rides from the teeth.

a 32t Works + a SRAM clutch + OneUp 42t = perfection.

jonnyboi

Just fitted a raceface to my trance, the reason I chose it was because the majority of reviews are for that type, and they all say that it simply works.

dannyh
    Free Member

Raceface one here.

Simply works.

kimbers

I went raceface because i needed a 30t

davosaurusrex

Cheers fellas. Be interested to see if the new Hope one is competitive on price.

rickon – sounds like you’ve got your OneUp sprocket installed and tested and that you’re pleased with it? How are you finding the mid cassette jump without the 17T?

Leku
    Free Member

Works Components here and works well.

rusty90
    Free Member

Works Components here and works well.

+1 Works works

st

Another Works vote here.

I suspect that for the majority of the STW flounce brigade we’re a way off people putting sufficient miles on these type of rings to determine whether they A. wear excessively quickly and B whether this wear affects their chain retention performance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Narrow/wide again – any difference between the brands?’ is closed to new replies.