Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Narrow SPD shoes – what is out there?
  • DickBarton

I’m in need of some new cycling shoes (well, maybe not need as such, I would like some new cycling shoes) – current shoes are 5 year old Northwave Rebels – they are fine but they are showing their age, the sole is wearing down and as I hvae narrow feet, the straps are stretched pretty much to the limit and are no longer as tight as they were.

As I tend to buy something and replace it once it wears out, I’m out of touch with shoes – can anyone recommend me a shoe manufacturer that makes a narrower shoe?

The Rebel has been good but it is meant for a wider foot.

Thanks.

simondbarnes

Giro seem to be on the narrower side of things

bigblackshed

I’ve got wide feet and my Giros fit perfectly.

Narrow fit would be Shimano. Well known for being narrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Italian lasts tend to be a little narrower, so Sidi would be a good start.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Italian lasts tend to be a little narrower, so Sidi would be a good start.

This. Some are wider than others though.

The narrowest shoes I’ve ever tried were mavics. Road shoes though, the MTB shoes might be wider.

DickBarton

I always thought Shimano were for wider feet…will take a nosey, thanks.

Thanks for the pointers.

simondbarnes

I have Shimano, Sidi, Bont, Specialized & Bontrager shoes and they all fit (and are all the same nominal size). Giro ones in the same size are too narrow for me. I think the best bet is to find a nice shop and try some shoes on 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The narrowest shoes I’ve ever tried were mavics.

Another good starting point! I couldn’t wear any of their shoes last time I tried. Very narrow, both MTB and road.

dpfr

What size are you? I’ve got a pair of Northwave Extreme shoes, size 46, worn only once, which are really too narrow for me

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I couldn’t wear any of their shoes last time I tried

🙂 same here. They looked great aswell.

Guess you could try Shimano, Giro, Specialized et al. But they were all wider than my Sidi Drakos or my old Sidi Ergos.

DickBarton

Probably size 44…the Northwave pair I have are fine length-wise but too wide so they are pulled as tight as the straps will go, so I think they are too wide for nominal fit.

dpfr

Oh well, it was worth a try

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Mavic Razor is the shoe that best fits my narrow feet.

In the past I’ve had a pair of Northwave shoes, and like you they were way to wide. Shimano shoes have been ok for me depending on the model.

I doubt I’ll change from Mavic from now on. I’m a narrow size 7 in a regular shoe, but find that Mavic 8 is perfect.

frood
    Free Member

Giro empires here. Lace up so fit nicely for a lot of shapes but definitely work well for my low volume feet. Best fit since my old s-works mtb shoes eventually bit the dust

BearBack
    Free Member

Scott have i think 3 different laasts across their range. Team shoes being the tighter

FOG

Sidi are on Sport Pursuit at the moment and their sizing caveat specifically says Sidis are very narrow and you may need to size up above your normal size.

rocketman
    Free Member

Personally I don’t find Shimano shoes narrow. Every pair I’ve owned have been a great fit on my average-width size 46s

OP if you want narrow you want Eye-talian have had some proper disco slippers from Gaerne and Diadora

gren
    Free Member

Shimanos were narrower than Sidis for me by quite some margin. XC61s vs Dragon 4s

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Shimano, SIDI and Northwave are snug.

Some SIDI have fabric heels without good grip – good for big heels but slippery for slimmer feet.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Narrow SPD shoes – what is out there?’ is closed to new replies.