Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Narbeth and Pembrokeshire singletrack
  • porkandbeef74
    Free Member

Planning on weeks holiday in July in Narberth. Bringing my lovely bike to Wales for the first time. Can anyone help by telling me where to find decent singletrack in Pembrokeshire? Don’t mind driving up to an hour. Cheers

creamegg
    Free Member

Youll get to brechfa in just over an hour, if you know the back roads. If you want to stay in pembs singletrack did a feature a few months ago x

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Preseli hills is more or less your only option beyond just going for a ride and seeing what you can find. It has to be said that Pembs offers alot more for anything other than biking tho…surfing, climbing, kayaking, coasteering…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wilhay
    Free Member

Have a look at Caneston bridge. If I remember there were a few loops there.

Pieface

When in Rome…

Go surfing

Otherwise Preselli Hills or Brechfa

cloudnine
    Free Member

Email me.. I work in narberth. There s some great short cheeky rides, some preseli hill trails, pump track and some other stuff. Brechfa about 45 mins and afan about an hour from narberth.

beefheart
    Free Member

I would recommend brechfa, or coast paths or some kind of canoeing….!
    Or a bit further of a drive.

dibboid
    Free Member

Have a look at Caneston bridge. If I remember there were a few loops there.

Isn’t that nr oakwood park? *wonders if I could sneak bike in the car next time I visit my mother* 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

the ‘knights way’, this is the route that the ‘knights templar’ took from the estuary near ‘Blackpool mill’ (near canneston bridge) to Amroth building a settlement at Templeton on route [The name coming from Temple town].

http://www.sparc.org.uk/greenways%20leaflets/PDF’s/knights%20way.pdf

dibboid
    Free Member

I wonder what the top speed you could hit on that hill heading down to begelly from templeton?

pootle
    Free Member

Going to Bluestone? I’ve been there a few times with the family but we’ve never got round to going far on the bikes. As others have mentioned Canaston Woods are on your doorstep but I’ve no idea if they are any good.

cloudnine
    Free Member

this is about 5 miles from narberth..
    http://vimeo.com/42690598

Pembroke dock pump track…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmywHCJ1i4

Theres some great castles in pembrokeshire… especially pembroke, carew and manorbier. Some great coastal path rides walks around manorbier. Stunning walk down to barafundle and further on to broadhaven from stackpole quay and lunch/dinner at stackpole arms.
    Good surfing at manorbier and freshwater west.
    Pendine good fun if you like history of land speed records (museum of speed there) and Laugharne very quaint (another castle and) and Dylan Thomas boathouse. Theres heaps to do apart from ride bikes

niloC
    Free Member

this is about 5 miles from narberth..
    http://vimeo.com/42690598

oh you mean the tracks that have been built without the land owners permission! then sensibly make a video and post it on the interweb! Quality!

cloudnine
    Free Member

As far as im aware it was built with the owners permission.. they just dont want people driving down the track into the woods.. so have made a little parking area at the entrance

niloC
    Free Member

The car park has been there for over 20 years and no land owner would accept the liability of allowing a track to cris cross a footpath as it does!

cloudnine
    Free Member

The official right of way / footpath is the fire road track that runs down the valley that you can drive down. The Trail runs through the wood and isnt actually a designated footpath. Its basically a big loop where you go down the trail through the woods and back up the track to complete the loop. Are we talking about the same place??

catnash
    Free Member

cloudnine the footpath has been there for at leat 42 years (set up by the forestry commission)and does go from the top end down to the clearing. I do know a friend of mums lives down the darker end and have heard of a few near misses with walkers and cars when some have come down the drop-off.

niloC
    Free Member

Exactly, I never said it was a public footpath and the locals are getting hacked off with whats being done there and the last thing we need is something happening and the forestry management coming in and stopping all of it!

cloudnine
    Free Member

OP if you want to go for a pootle while your on your hols.. shoot me a an email… the vimeo vid was not filmed by me or anything to do with me.
    The locals have got more to worry about with a dual carriage way being built on their door step than a few over grown kids men pissing around the nearby woods on bikes where they walk the dog once a week

catnash
    Free Member

tbh not much round there. Live just over the border. Like has been said Pembrokeshire is sh#t for mtb, take the roadie or just come to Brechfa.

porkandbeef74
    Free Member

Cheers everyone . Much more at home on two wheels than anything that floats!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Narbeth and Pembrokeshire singletrack’ is closed to new replies.