Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nant yr Arian, which trail(s)
  • doomanic

Dirty weekender in Wales coming up, Coed y Brenin tomorrow and Nant yr Arian on Sunday. The Beast is a given on Saturday, but I’m wondering if the Syfydrin is worth it? The “Technical double track” has me wondering if we’d be better off doing the Summit and Pendam Trails instead?

dreednya

Syffydrin Trail includes the Summit and Pendam sections so you would be riding all of them if you rode it. Its riding well at the moment though some of the puddles can be quite deep. No rain in the forecast so they’ll be drying up nicely. Its a completely different feel if you’ve not ridden it before as a lot of it is out on technical double track rather than just in the forest.

Then if you have the legs you can do laps of the new Blue Trail that runs alongside the older Pendam Trails and then finish up on the skills course by the VC for jumps, berms and a pump track

martinhutch

Two laps of the stuff nearest the trail centre is a better option, IMO. Syfydrin is fun, but essentially a XC ride with some bonus TC sections. It is just doubletrack, really, can’t think of where the ‘technical’ bits were.

mrhoppy

Do the Summit Trail, but after mark of Zorro go back to the top by whichever route suits and then do the reaper.

twonks

Depends what sort of riding you like. The Syffydrin trail is great if you want to get away from it all and like natural rides.

Double track and a bit of road it may have, but it’s a terrific ride.

superfli
    Free Member

Syffydrin is a superb trail. A bit of old and new school. Climb back up and do reaper after as said above

djflexure

Went recently and did 3 days
    2 with my son who prefers jumps and berms to Xc and one with my wife
    Summit was great – you get a sense of the xc double track that’s on offer with Syffydrin on one short section but never ventured out onto it
    Did Summitt twice one day and didn’t tire of it. Be prepared for one very long climb though.

I’d like to try the long xc loop if I was on my own but the man made sections are great crowd pleasers which is what we were after

olly2097
    Free Member

I like the syfydrin.

You can do the reaper.

Or just walk down it like I mostly did.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nant yr Arian, which trail(s)’ is closed to new replies.