Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nant Yr Arian locals – what's the most popular trail?
  • Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Just a musing really, but what is the most popular, or definitive trail at Nant Yr Arian? I always ride the long trail, but I’m not local to the area.

For my local trail centres the longest trail isn’t neccessarily the definitive for the centre….

Cheers

Butty

dreednya

Guessing the Summit trail, which is the middle distance one (c 9.5-10.0 miles), though I bet most riders throw on the Hippity Hop section of the Pendam Trail (short one)as an extra.

As a local it is a ride up the hill and then mix and match with off-piste stuff 🙂

MrGreedy

Doesn’t the Syfydrin (apologies for possible mis-spelling) take in most of the other built trails anyway? I’m non-local too, so would always try and make the most of a visit by doing the long loop.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m a local..! The Syfyryfything does take in most of the other routes, plus some back country off-piste type stuff (35km-ish). It’s quite spectacular! If you’re pushed for time though, go for Summit trail + Pendam – concentrated singletrack whoops close to the centre.

continuity
    Free Member

The Syfydrin misses Hippity Hop, which is damned good fun. Catch it on the way back before you head up spaghetti junction.

Only problem with the summit trail is that you pay a ton of uphill for Mark of Zorro. Whilst the leg burner isn’t that steep, my god is it never-ending.

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hmmm, interesting. I’m kind of thinking if I were to say what the defitive trail at Afan / Glyn Corrwyg was I’d say W2, as it takes in both White’s Level and Y Wall. But, its not the longest – that would be Skyline – but I wouldn’t say thats the most definitive….

So… the question is… Is Syfydrin or The Summit trail the most definitive?

Cheers Chaps

Butty

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Summit. Leg Burner is a price worth paying for Mark of Zorro IMO. But the final downhill section back to the cafe for coffee cake is my favourite. The three times I’ve been there and I’ve somehow manage to time it to catch the Red Kite feeding while I’m quaffing my coffee – pretty spectacular.

joedaho
    Free Member

You do all of the Summit as part of the Syfidrin anyways don’t you? I’ve ridden there so many times having lived in Aber I can’t remember the difference now… and the off piste smashes the back doors off any of the trail centre tosh!

surlynot
    Free Member

Are there any trails at Nant Yr Arian?

joedaho
    Free Member

…yes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nant Yr Arian locals – what's the most popular trail?’ is closed to new replies.