Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nant Y Arian Syfidrin Trail?
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Off to Nant tomorrow for our yearly trip and are doing the Syfidrin trail for the first time.

What’s it like compared to the summit or Pendam trails?

What are conditions like up there at the minute?

Thanks

Klunk
    Free Member

its the summit trail with some extra very wet bridlepaths added and some great views

sheck

There weren’t any views the day I was there!

dreednya

All the trails are fine, should be no snow or ice, though if you head further inland around Plynlimon you might come across the odd frozen drift :). I imagine the trails may be a bit greasy with the rain we’ve had, but nowt to worry about

Paceman
    Free Member

Syfidrin adds a big loop across the moors and then down into the valley via some fantastic forest singletrack, ‘Mask of Zorro’ I think one of the trail sections is called – fantastic swoopy trail which makes the climb afterwards worthwhile. Great views from the tops of the moors as well.

Go enjoy 😀

sofatester
    Free Member

What’s it like compared to the summit or Pendam trails?

Longer but with all the best singletrack sections included. Probably one of the nicest rides a trail center has to offer in my humble opinion.

What are conditions like up there at the minute?

Wet and a little slippy, though ice free.

Just stick some big grippy tyres on and see what happens.

🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Lovely trail that. Prob my fav trail centre trail as it includes some lovely xc stuff.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Visited Nant last week during our ‘north to south’ trail centre tour of glorious Wales. Did the summit, conditions were superb as was the route, stunning it was!

Paceman
    Free Member

Longer but with all the best singletrack sections included. Probably one of the nicest rides a trail center has to offer in my humble opinion.

+1

Been there twice over the years, would love to go back.

fbk
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian is probably my favourite “trail centre” – it just feels a lot more out in the wilds whilst still being a guaranteed good ride in almost any weather.

Personally, I prefer the variation of the Syfydrin trail that peels off half way down the fireroad descent then heads north towards the Mach 3 trail, before doubling back and covering all the best bits of singletrack on the way home. I think it was an old MBR killer loop.

A lovely place to ride.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Do it! Up there last weekend and the puddles that have almost always covered the double track had gone, bone dry! Can’t wait to get back there!

The Syfydrin trail has a bit of climbing from Bont goch until you hit the rest of the trail, I’ve always started at Pendam, done legburner first, then Syfydrin and ride back to Talybont, great ride! Makes me smile to think about it!

rhysw
    Free Member

I rode it on my own Thursday and the conditions were perfect. It has a bit of everything, really good fun trail

llamaknob
    Free Member

The mask of zorro is awesome followed be The leg burner……..what a climb man,rushing streams mixed with pain that seems to never end.Worth it though.

llamaknob
    Free Member

How is Tony The Tiger these days over at Climachx?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nant Y Arian Syfidrin Trail?’ is closed to new replies.