• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by devs.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Nant y Arian or Machynlleth….let STW decide!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which one to ride?

The plan is to get a sneaky weekday ride in on the way to a weekend at CYB. It's going to be a Friday, so there's no real worry about the trails being crowded (I hope!), so here's the options;

Nant y Arian – Swoopy goodness, lovely singletrack and (hopefully!) some nice views out and about. Possible pedal back up from the car park to have another go at the Italian Job and/or High as a Kite. Good cafe for a slice of Barra Brith at the end.

Machynlleth – Rocks and mayhem on that lovely last DH section of the Climachx, with the option to pop back up some of the first climb to "get rad to teh power of sick and session" the ending. Then in to town for tea and medals and the chance to stock up on some great ale from the frankly amazing selection in the Spar.

So, which should it be?

PLACE VOTES NOW!

sheldona
    Free Member

Nant y Arian if weather is good
    Machynlleth if weather not so good

devs
    Free Member

Get someone to drop you off at NyA and go cross country and complete the longest Mach. Then across town and do Climachx. That should give you an appetite for cake and beer!

glenp
    Free Member

Nant y Arian. My fave.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DeVs, nice idea, but not feasible with transport plans.
    Ayatollah, think you might have the best plan there! NYA in the dry is a huge heap of fun, while Mach rides pretty well in all weather.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

If the weathers like it is today then Nant will be fantastic … the suns even warm!

Stuart

chunkypaul
    Free Member

nant yr arian

Jamie
    Free Member

the suns even warm!

[smartarse] I think you will find the sun is always quite hot [/smartarse]

😉

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

PS. It's Nant Yr Arian, not Nant Y Arian 😉

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

You don't live in the mountains do you Jamie? 😉

ChrisL

The riding's good at both locations but when I think about it, it's Nant yr Arian that I really want to go back to. It's just lovely.

Denis99
    Free Member

Nant y Arian. My fave.

takisawa2

Depending on the route, from the Midlands Nant-y is a fair old detour if your heading to Coed-y. But worth it. 😛

Olly
    Free Member

how come no one has suggested MingTFU and doing both.
    you could knock them both off in a few hours.

Nant kicks machs arse though, Nant's my fave trail

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not really going to have time to do both, Olly, but a good suggestion!

It's looking like Nant is winning the poll at the moment…! Who knows, with closures and events and CYB this weekend, it may be a Sunday ride at Mach…

Surfr
    Free Member

As a local I prefer Nant. Mark of Zorro is as good as as the Dyfi final descent in my mind, if not better. The rest of the Climachx is a little lacking I find. It's not terrible, but given the choice I'd pick Nant.

I'm probably swayed by the fact I can ride from the front door and be at the top of Zorro on the Summit, bottom of Hipity Hop on the Pendam or Bont Goch climb within 30 mins from my front door.

PS if it's tomorrow, I'll probably see you up there 😀

MrOvershoot

Surfr – Member
    As a local I prefer Nant. Mark of Zorro is as good as as the Dyfi final descent in my mind, if not better. The rest of the Climachx is a little lacking I find. It's not terrible, but given the choice I'd pick Nant.

Totaly agree, not only that the natural stuff is great too

Nant Yr Arian would get my vote every time, just a shame its a 2 hour drive for me 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surfr, what are you riding? Will keep eyes peeled…. 😉

devs
    Free Member

I think you will find the sun is always quite hot

-17 in Aviemore with the sun out this morn. It was not hot!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Nant y Arian or Machynlleth….let STW decide!’ is closed to new replies.