Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nano-X pin placement ?
  • stevextc
    Free Member

I just (literally) got my new Nano-X’s with the discount….
    Coming from Saint they are HUGE…. but now I’m trying to work out how to set the pins up prior to the weekend… and give the Saint’s to the kid (who’s feet are obviously smaller)

I’m size 8 …. and I have no idea where/how to do the pins…

also on first glance there is no L/R marked on the Axle…. I can look at the threads but that seems a bit of an omission (I guess I take pedals off a fair bit since I use the back seat of the car but don’t want to mindlessly put the wrong one in after a long drive) ???

mattyfez

There’s a tiny etched ring around one of the silver ends of the pedal axles that isn’t present on the other pedal.. This differentiates L and R. I can’t remember which is which though 🙂

markshires
    Free Member

One of the spindles has a small groove/ring around it to denote left or right can’t remember which, it says in the box but it’s not glaringly obvious.

I set my pins up having the longer ones on the outside edges and the smaller ones in the middle, seems to work ok so far.

mattyfez

I just used all small pins on mine, the big ones looke a bit vicious!

wors

the big ones looke a bit vicious!

They aren’t very shin friendly……

stevextc
    Free Member

I finally found the little ring … cripes that’s subtle

On the Saints I just stick all the pins as long as possible with no spacers…but then the pins aren’t very long even then! I have some spare DMR pins as well …. so I think I’l either start all small or do as markshires and put longer on the outside… again hadn’t even realised the pins were in two lengths… typical bloke with new kit … took it out of the box and started messing ….

orangespyderman

I have two sets – one on my XC bike which has only short pins everywhere and the other on the Jeffsy which has only long pins everywhere. I went for the short ones on the XC bike because that was what I got first and, like you I think, I was a bit intimidated. Having experienced both I’d just stick the long pins on both if I could be arsed to re-do the XC ones. Which I can’t.

Loads nicer than the saints whatever pins go in there; both work well, and I guess both would hurt if they hit my shins. I’m working on the (half-assed) theory that although the long pinned ones might hurt more if they hit they are less likely too because they grip better.

stevextc
    Free Member

I have two sets – one on my XC bike which has only short pins everywhere and the other on the Jeffsy which has only long pins everywhere. I went for the short ones on the XC bike because that was what I got first and, like you I think, I was a bit intimidated. Having experienced both I’d just stick the long pins on both if I could be arsed to re-do the XC ones. Which I can’t.

Loads nicer than the saints whatever pins go in there; both work well, and I guess both would hurt if they hit my shins. I’m working on the (half-assed) theory that although the long pinned ones might hurt more if they hit they are less likely too because they grip better.

Your also less likely to come off and collide with a tree/rock which can hurt as well…. as you say though they look intimidating… its not like I wasn’t expecting it but still when I opened the box it was like “bloody hell”…..

First test will be FOD park/DH as we are there over the weekend and it’s not my normal spot so that’s also a bit intimidating… I feel like I’d have liked to do a couple of spins round Swinley and get used to them… (seriously they are pedals… why is putting them on as intimidating as some blind jump…feels really stupid )

crazyjenkins01

Love my Nano-X. I use the small pins for all but the outside edge where I use long for a bit more bite.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nano-X pin placement ?’ is closed to new replies.