• This topic has 30 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by zx970.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Nanduro – Slowing Down To Catch Up
  • amandawishart

Amanda finds out she has inherited more than just good sewing skills from her Nan. Bikes are in the blood. This feature was produced in association So …

By amandawishart

Get the full story on our front page at:

Nanduro – Slowing Down To Catch Up

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

tallmart10

That is a beautiful article, Amanda. Hats off to your Nan – it is an amazing journey finding out what that old person sitting in the comfy chair got up to when she was young and spirited.
    I am with you on the Apple sandwiches though ..

spacehopper

Wonderful Article!

Nanduro.. im stealing that phrase! 🙂

NYC101009

What a great a great article! 😃

hardtailonly

Delightful!

yoluka

I’ve got a tear in my eye. Lovely words on a rainy day. Thank you.

matt_outandabout

What a nan. She is some amazing sounding woman.

I enjoyed that.

kingofthetoys

Lovely article Amanda

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Love it, great piece and a good outlook as well.

James

malv173
    Free Member

That was a lovely read!

Thank you.

fahzure

Great tribute and a fine ride! Love the Clarion House find.

kayak23

Nanduro 😊👌

augustuswindsock

Love this ❤️

tthew

Lovely article. 👏👏
    I’ve done a charity ride near Oswestry three times in the past few years. First two editions were eyeballs out, 2 hour blasts. The third time I rode with some new-ish MTBers and had the time to get my photo taken for the local paper, fix a puncture with someone struggling and met the Guinness world record holder for the largest collection of ear trumpets. That was by far my favourite ride of the three and it took twice as long to complete. I heartily embrace the concept of a slow ride and now it has a moniker – Nanduro. Excellent.

Woo

Lovely to see the photo at the door of the Nelson ILP Clarion House. The house is open for tea and coffee and sweets and crisps on Sundays.
    Join us for Clarion Sunday on 12 June 2022. It will be an excellent day out: Fellowship is Life.

brakestoomuch

That was a moving read, comforting in a way. The part about losing someone to dementia was especially poignant having seen my wife lose both her parents that way. One to bookmark for another read whenever I need to reset on a grumpy day.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

A (very) early contender for article of the year; well done Amanda, fantastic piece.

tom84
    Free Member

can we have some more info about those incredible sheep please?! great article.

seriousrikk

Yup, like those before me I came down to the comments to say what a cracking article.

We should all take time for a Nanduro of some sorts this year.

garethjw

A beautiful peace of writing.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Great article Amanda

@tom84
    those are Valais Blacknose I think

robertajobb

What a nice article.

Jordan

Beautiful!

fatmax

Lovely…and love #nanduro 👌

stuartsimpson

nantastic – than you for sharing amanda. i find a decent cheddar transforms an apple sandwich significantly.

gazzab1955

@simmo – change the apple for apple chutney, add the Cheddar and you’ve got a proper sandwich.
    Great article Amanda. To quote Joni Mitchell “… you don’t know what you’ve got till its gone …”

folnjir

Lovely article, thanks for sharing it.

tjaard

What a great read! Thank you!

tom84
    Free Member

@dangeourbrain — thank you!

tthew

Article about the Clarion House in the Manchester Guardian today. Well online anyway.

zx970
    Free Member

What a beautiful article, thank you Amanda. Reading this has been such a wonderful start to my day.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Nanduro – Slowing Down To Catch Up’ is closed to new replies.