Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Names for cars, does yours have one and looking for ideas
  • thols2

does yours have one

I’ve never understood why people give names to cars, bicycles, etc, unless it’s a joke name like Kermit, The Banana, Ford Crappy, Toyota Coroda, Elvis (cause it had so many hits), etc.

natrix
    Free Member

How about “Red Nev”?

My car is “Black Cat”, Mrs Natrix has “Poppy”. I used to have “Fred Fester the Fiesta”, what was I thinking……….

tjagain

My motorcycle is Bessie. Bessie the Beeza

No

Atomizer

Last camper was Jethro because we bought him from the West Country.
    New one is Poppy because red
    Others current cars are Ruby again red and Elsa because same colour as her dress
    Previous car was Betty because Of the Ram Jam song
    Previous to that was Harry White because friend of my daughter.
    Bit random but all have names!
    Best one was a friend’s car called Sean because number plate started with SH66 …

kilo

Mrs kilo had a fiat uno called Buck, after the film, and we had a Honda shuttle people carrier which was called “the wheels on the bus” and a really crappy Honda Accord which was “pimp my ride”. Our current blue combo van is called Buff after the blue buffalo on a South African 100 rand note. We had been biking in South Africa just after we bought the van and it is fairly agricultural, smelly and in-glamorous.
    Our current blue Honda car doesn’t have a name or a personality. Motorbikes, most are never named but my bmw r100gs was called the bumblebee after its colour scheme, my bsa bantam has been named Micheal Collins by neighbours (IRA leader in the War of Independence) and our Honda c90 is Leslie Chow after the hangover.

pictonroad

My car has a ‘name’, You HAVE to name a tesla.

I say name, you could use the numberplate or a fleet reference or your ex-wife’s gym instructor’s name. But it must have a formal title.

View post on imgur.com

Not really one for naming objects and have a physical reaction to a car/bike referred to as ‘She’ 🤢

We did have a brown 1982 Westfalia VW camper that was referred to as ‘Mr Hanky’ by friends, because as the South Park character is described ‘He’s just a piece of shit really’.

Edukator
    Free Member

Some cars are he and some she, for example: une Zoé, un Lodgy, un Espace, une Clio… .

andeh

You creepy bastard’s. The only thing worse than naming your car is referring to it as she.

I’ll stop anthropomorphizing objects when you stop objectifying people 😉

BillMC

The Flying Shoebox:

failedengineer

Never named a car, but my motorcycles tend to get names. Current one is Herman (the little German). Previous one was Tigerpig 2. Some others have been Speedy, Bonnie etc. Not too difficult to guess what models they were ….

funkmasterp

Had a Fiat thing with LSD in the reg so called it the Tripster. Current car is just the car as it is a Zafira and therefore doesn’t deserve a name. They’re the only two cars I’ve owned.

I’m that bad that with cars that I have to walk back to the car in car parks to look at the reg plate as I don’t know the number. PITA with those machines that take your reg. I once also spent a good five minutes trying to open someone else’s Zafira as it was the same colour and parked near mine.

joshvegas
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR
    No

Posted 4 hours ago

to be fair though on another thread you outed yourself as the kind of guy who takes a picture of their new car outside of the dealers.

You opinion is invalid.

Drac

Car.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

My saab is known as the Triple S, short for Swedish Space Shuttle, mainly cos its got a space age fold out cup holder.

maccruiskeen

12 months is not ‘long term’!

If you’d owned one car a year since the first automobile rolled off a production line you wouldnt have owned 200 yet. But the OP could be a vampire or some other form of immortal.

Are we including matchbox cars in that figure?

ctk
    Free Member

We make a name out of the last3 letters of the number plate, last 3:

UWB = ooby
    MZF = Mustafa = Muzzy
    OWJ = Owj 😆

slowoldman

Ah now then, the sit up and beg Ford Pop my mum and dad had was known as Wee-wee due to the number plate – WWE. Can’t remember the numbers.

Edukator
    Free Member

Look up étron in a French dictionary, Drac. 😉

Daffy

BMW i3 REX. “Rex”
    BMW 3 series Touring “The Touring”

Previous:

Z4MC – “The Zed”
    Mini Cooper S Clubman “Mini”. Or to the kids “Mini Daddy Car”
    Peugeot 306 “The Pug”

You get the idea.

Drac

Just remembered while checking the charge on the car I’ve just reminded it called, Stark One. I’d forgotten I had named it for the app.

Look up étron in a French dictionary, Drac.

Yeah I do wonder if that’s why the put the hyphen in it.

TiRed

Had a breadvan VW Polo called Elsie. Why? Well the number plate was C867RAP. So L(ittle) C(rap) or LC.

Not named any since.

jamesoz

I don’t name cars normally, but yesterday it became ‘****, arsing, bastard car of hate’ after spending hours changing engine mounts, made difficult due to the turbo being in the way, the turbo oil seal started leaking, meaning removing the turbo anyway.

Closely followed by all 4 studs on the turbo shearing off, leaving the turbo inexplicably welded to the outlet, despite all the fixings shearing off.

bensales
    Free Member

My car has a ‘name’, You HAVE to name a tesla.

I say name, you could use the numberplate or a fleet reference or your ex-wife’s gym instructor’s name. But it must have a formal title.

Yep. Massively original, me…

Smurf

to be fair though on another thread you outed yourself as the kind of guy who takes a picture of their new car outside of the dealers.

You opinion is invalid.

The pic outside the dealers is a dealer pic from Autotrader

Which makes your opinion wrong

NJA

I have a XC 60, again you have to name it for the Volvo app. NMO on the reg plate so Nemo.
    It did throw me at first when I started getting messages from Nemo, but I got used to it.

slowoldman

I’ve never understood why people give names to cars, bicycles, etc, unless it’s a joke name

I don’t think it’s any more weird than referring to your bikes a steed or your collection of bikes as a quiver.

Had a breadvan VW Polo called Elsie. Why? Well the number plate was C867RAP. So L(ittle) C(rap) or LC.

I had a bread van Polo. It was a brilliant little motor. It was a limited edition job with red quilted door panels. No really, look:

Polo

A friend said it was like being in a brothel. I couldn’t possibly confirm or deny that.

scaredypants

My first car was a mini and was called “the ferret” by my mates. Not really sure why, but something to do with a military vehicle

replaced by a VW passat estate that was called “the bus”. Bit more obvious

I don’t think it’s any more weird than referring to your bikes a steed or your collection of bikes as a quiver.

Yeah, that’s not something I do either

DezB
    Free Member

Why have Teslas got such shit ugly wheels?

Drac

To not spoil a nice set of wheels?

Why have Teslas got such shit ugly wheels?

It completes the look

joshvegas
    Free Member

The pic outside the dealers is a dealer pic from Autotrader

Which makes your opinion wrong

😀

I’m only teaasing.

jamiemcf

When I got my last car my nephew asked what it’s called – Car.
    When it got replaced the new one was called Car2D2

p7eaven
    Free Member

All of my vehicles including bikes seem to have Teutonic female names. Excepting Brigid the Rigid.

dyna-ti

Well there’s confirmation that many of you are mad as fruitcakes. Its a car.

TedC

Most of my cars have had names, names may come quickly or take time (see Northwind post above). Oddly none of my bikes have have names beyond the obvious brand/model – confusion reigns with a black Orange and a blue Whyte.

Cars with names…

F plate 1.6L Sierra estate – Rustbucket, ironic in retrospect as no rust on until north of 275k
    K plate 2.0 Ghia Sierra Sapphire – Crowley
    V plate 1.8 Zetec Focus estate – Rustbucket 2, though no rust until past 200k
    52 plate Ka Sun Collection – Pog
    55 plate 2.0 Titanium Mondeo Estate – Bertha
    63 plate XF 2.0d Sportbrake – Nina
    64 plate XF 3.0d Sportbrake – Katniss
    15 plate XE 2.0d – Stibbons
    65 plate XF 3.0d – Lipvig
    66 plate XF 3.0d – Missy
    55 plate 3.0 Ghia X Mondeo – Maya
    20 plate F-Pace – Brian

But as Northwind said, they will let you know there name in time.

136stu
    Free Member

Mine is called Christine.

allanoleary
    Free Member

No recommendations from me I’m afraid. My current Focus is called Frodo because it’s a lot smaller than Kenny the Kia Sportage he replaced

oreetmon
    Free Member

DARTH,
    First gen Berlingo banger. Painted Matt black, rusted and ratted.
    Took me and pals all over the country riding/uplifting.
    Never cleaned it in the 5 years I had it, more mud on the inside than the out. I loved that van.

The Mrs has a new fancy car with all the gizmos, callS it KITT.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Names for cars, does yours have one and looking for ideas’ is closed to new replies.