Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Names for a baby girl – HELP!!
  • lump

Alia

theotherjonv

My youngest is called Elsa. It was one of two or three possibles, then when we went into the maternity suite on the night she arrived, the friends of the hospital book trolley was outside the lifts and Born Free was the top book. So that was taken as a sign.

Except she’s almost universally known as Beans in the family now, ‘cos she’s always been full of them, and my wife’s favourite dolly was called baby beans.

Beans in the paper yesterday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/8935656/Girls-will-be-tomboys.html

maxray
    Free Member

Will be too late now, but as it hadn’t been suggested across 4 pages we called our daughter Meg, tho Megan on the certificate just in case she prefers the full name when she’s older.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hm, only the Telegraph would make a big deal out of a girl choosing toy cars over dolls….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Issey

(one of ours is Izzi but I also like the above variant)

Sodajim

Ok!! Firstly thanks for all of you who took the time to make suggestions to try and resolve the problem for me.
    So as planned I went armed with the choices from you last nigh sat my wife down and went through the ones I liked….
    Then through the bumper book of baby names again and after much deliberation got well and truly no where!
    In the end as my wife wasn’t happy with my choices and I wasn’t to keen on her alternative suggestions I took the advice given by a forum member –

djflexure

Seriously if your wife likes something and you have no clear idea then let her decide.

The way I see it, if its what my mind associates with my daughter I will get used to and love any name given to her and a temporary thumb print on the forehead is less painful than a lifetime of ear ache!

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Names for a baby girl – HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.