Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Name this early-mid 90s MTB vid!
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

hello everyone, I’m trying to remember the name of a bike video i saw in the mid to early 90s. it was all about mountain biking if i recall. it had a kind of narrative thread through it all and it opened with a cheesy american voice-over about how cycling is many times more efficient than motor vehicles “when comparing gasoline calories to food calories” (or some such thing).

it also featured some moab slick rock i think, possibly with greg herbold. and there was a section where people where doing huge tabletops off of those steep streets in san fransisco where they level out at the intersections.

anyone know what it was called?

better still, anyone got a copy they could lend me or know of a link? pretty please! 🙂

i’m writing an article, you see… thanks in advance!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

woah that was quick! and accurate 🙂 thank you very much! anyone got the full length film?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

You could try on Retrobike.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

i got Tred 1 & 2 on dvd, £5 and they’re yours :mrgreen:

(pp gift to email in profile)

DickBarton

It was bloody awful…was it not a Hans Ray and Greg Herbold road trip kind of thing. Sure it also had a sequence of someone riding with loads of fire around them…write about something else as submitting ‘utter mince’ may be accurate but isn’t going to be enough words!

RichieBoy
    Free Member

haha it was quite awfull, the ‘fire’ sequence ws a guy on a GT RTS if i remember right…

And hans rey and H ball eating huge burgers and ‘riding it off’ on the slick rock.

warton
    Free Member

I loved mudcows…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZlpIQqY9fo[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

That reminds me, a few weeks ago I sent someone in Australia copies of Mud Cows, Burning Calves, Dirt & Pulp Traction… I wonder if they received them….

CaptJon
    Free Member

Dirt was ace. I got it free with an MBUK subscription

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Does anyone remember chainsmoke? It had that snowboarding guy who won the worlds DH in it, and the VHS was packaged like a Marlborough fag packet…

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Shaun Napalm Palmer

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Thats him! Whatever happened to him?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Palmer the guy who can do anything to a top level …..

Mx racing and won at pikes peak in cars

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Just read his wikipedia page- he’s certainly talented!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ve probably still got Chainsmoke somewhere, got it for Christmas one year off me sister:

Palmer was great!

Also loved Dirt too, it’s what biking is all about, having a laugh with a bunch of mates.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Name this early-mid 90s MTB vid!’ is closed to new replies.