Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Name for a pup springer spaniel……suggestions please
  • iDave
    Free Member

What’s your dog called…….

Askit

PJM1974
    Free Member

I met a collie the other day called “Martin”.

Netdonkey

deefer

+1

Had forgotton that gag from when we were buying a dog.

Now it is usually called Oi, For **** Sake or Drop depending on whether it is running away, has run away or has come back with some road kill

davidrussell
    Free Member

We called our KCS Archie – great name for him tbh

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks for all your suggestions, daniel and jery were obvious ones we’ve got in the hat too. Already got a spanish water dog (I’ll get photo posted one day, very ‘beautiful’) called lola which I kind of agreed on before realising I would have to shout her name loudly in public (so she gets called Lo alot). I do like Daniel but dont like the shortened version which he will obviously be called from time to time, Dan or Danny, same with Jerry

Liver and white dog. I know its going to be mad as a hatter but I’ve done a good job ‘calming’ Lola so hopefully some of her skills will rub off…….or they could encourage each other to be mental!! Either way I’m looking forward to it and will get pics posted.

Dont worry, Beiber off the list now. I’m liking Trevor or Colin and seen as I’m chief dog walker…!! N’boogie funny.

Thanks again.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Don’t ask me why it popped into my head, but what about Rembrandt?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Deefer

🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

Lots of Spaniel owners on here – I’m thinking of getting one myself but might try a resuce centre first and see what they have before I go down the puppy route. A friend has one and it’s so cute and my daughters blagging my head all the time plus it’ll make a change from spiders and snakes lol.

yunki
    Free Member

TeeJay

rootes1

Dave – it is cool name for all pets

or Barry

SiB
    Free Member

Im quite liking Sidney now, Sid good too.

Bucko

Doug

I haven’t got many good photos of him as he rarely stays still for long enough!

He makes an excellent trail mate though.

ericemel
    Free Member

Ragley!

philconsequence
    Free Member

call it ‘boobies’… there’s nothing more satisfying that shouting “COME ON BOOBIES!!” in busy public spaces.

TiRed

Eibach

All dogs need a two syllable name for easy recall. Our cocker is Merlot, but he’s not red, sadly.

singletrackfred

Taxi…

nedrapier

rootes + 1

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Samuel or SammieL

midlifecrashes

Our 11 year old pup, Fred.

br
    Free Member

Thomas, as in Doubting Thomas as he was the last one out.

Previous dog was called Fido 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

As with sheep dogs I reckon all names should be single syllable, not cute, clever or topical. A mate had Deefa. Deefa dog! Hmm. my brothers beagle was Bisto as in Ahhh Bisto when it farted.
    Spaniels realy sgould have “country” names and most I know arer Sam

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Spaniels realy sgould have “country” names and most I know arer Sam

All the ones I meet in the park have lovely country names. Doesn’t change that they live in town and don’t get enough exercise though 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

Fergus….

Sings the blues

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seamus

Dancake
    Free Member

I met a Jack Russel called Roger the other week

PePPeR

I’m with mattsccm, dogs should have a single syllable name, my dog when he came to us was called Louis, which I find after growing up with sheep dogs all my life too much for him, so generally he gets called

OY!

Beware of male English springer spaniels as I’ve found out to my cost they can have bad genetic defects with their front elbows! Mine has had to have both elbows reinforced with screws. The left hand elbow has now had to be done twice and the last cost was £1900!

Elbow dysplasia is the thing to watch out for!

I’m probably getting another dog to run as a pair for beating, but the next one will be a bitch!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Chlamydia

SiB
    Free Member

Pepper – yes, heard and read about genetic defects but we’re getting him from an old trustworthy friend, there’s 5 generation KC docs etc and the older ones are all still fighting fit……..but I know this doesnt guarantee a full healthy life. I suppose with every dog/pet/animal theres alot of hoping nothing will ‘go wrong’ so its fingers crossed time.

Picking him up in an hour, still undecided on name!

Chlamydia…….too many syllables

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Story behind the Chlamydia was that as second offspring was due SWMBO was constantly going on about names.

In frustration I said if it was a girl I thought Clamydia might be apt. Wasn’t till a few days later I entered the abode of the dog. I still think she must have mentioned it to one of her friends!

corroded
    Free Member

For a parcel of barminess that is a springer you need a solid name, like Gerald.

FWIW I was always told to end a dog’s name on a hard consonant with a max of two syllables, so that would rule out chlamydia.

rootes1

I met a Jack Russel called Roger the other week

Better than Jack!

‘Roger Russell’ – got a ring to it.. 😆

haggis1978

Jim-Bob or Billy-Bob 😀

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ours is called Paddy or the ‘padster’- box of frogs doesnt come into it!!!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Parsley (rip)…

If we had a dog as opposed to a bitch I’d call him Roscoe.

RichJJ
    Free Member

G’Way, it was on our shortlist along with Deefer, settled on Bitza after applying the ‘shouting across the park’ rule.

colournoise

Any excuse to post pics of our two mentalists.

Pablo.

Stig.

Most people think I’m a petrolhead with those dog’s names, but I’m an art teacher whose surname is Paul (hence Pablo), and Stig was covered in mud and piss when we collected him, so appeared to be ‘of the dump’.

slainte 8) rob

molinifreeride
    Free Member

Call him Cameron, after the PM. You could teach him to do tricks, like begging, tongue hanging out for little treats etc.

racefaceec90

dogtanian 😉 (apologies if already said)

amplebrew

Ours is called Rossi.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Bracken, yes I know!!!! and Jazz.

Not Springers but working Cockers. Mentalists of the highest order if you pander to them. Endless fun and games though!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Name for a pup springer spaniel……suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.