Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Name a bike shop
  • duckers
    Free Member

thats gone bust in the past year, credit crunch?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ParkesLife Cycles Rotherham

carlphillips
    Free Member

outpost co plymouth.

sc-xc

Halesowen Cycles

jam-bo

Outpost going bust had nothing to do with the credit crunch.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

not seen any near me go under the town center oe where i get pares form is doig a roaring trade, full of commuters geting ods and ends, and kids buying BMX bits in funky powdercoatd colours.

Theres a proer bike shop round the corne from me, its run buy biker guys who look like ZZ top and seld cheep motorbikes and cheep bikes, wish it did something iteresting like clasic bikes or something, realy good for getting stuff cheeply from their huge spares “box” (more a series of greasy cardboard crates).

RudeBoy
    Free Member

All the ones in London seem to be doing ok, actually. Mind, we’re hardly really into the Recession proper, so I suspect one or two may feel the pinch.

Bike prices have gone up a fair whack, whereas public transport costs haven’t, to the same degree.

The **** Pound needs to recover; it’s getting silly now.

taka
    Free Member

takascycles 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, but Taka, that’s because you’ve spent all your profits on fizzy pop or whatever, rather than reinvesting it in your business.

Silly Taka!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

My LBS is trading something like 30% up year on year, and the trade is better than ever. Saying that christmas was down, but jan/feb sales made up for that.

taka
    Free Member

actuelly ive wasted on bike parts i dont even need from you guys 😆

Goz
    Free Member

In 17 years of trading we’ve just had our best year ever, must be doing something right!

IHN

@axroads – ‘Nam Cycles?

Pook

ParkesLife Cycles? Perhaps they went bust ‘cos they couldn’t set up gears
    😀

Goz
    Free Member

IHN, correct.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ha that is the reason and ill have you know i can know, well the rear anyway!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Name a bike shop’ is closed to new replies.