Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Naked men in Inners
  • imnotverygood
    mashr

Small town people having small town moans

RustySpanner

It’s nice out….

JAG

^^ very much this.

dannyh
    Free Member

A small number of idiots from ‘our’ community giving succour to a small bunch of NIMBYs who shout louder than more reasonable people.

The few always spoil it for the many – or at least spend an inordinate amount of their time trying to do so.

wwaswas

“Wear outers at Inners mtbers told”

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Wow, that made the BBC. God forbid if any residence ever visit a swimming pool or beach. As for the ‘toilet issue’ I hope none of the residence ever own a dog or a cat.

chakaping
    Free Member

A small number of idiots from ‘our’ community giving succour to a small bunch of NIMBYs who shout louder than more reasonable people.

Report looks very much like one side of the story only. Don’t be so quick to pile on.

Good response from Mr Tweedlove.

What’s the “solution” then? Nice car park along near the Golfie with privacy screens and a WC?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What’s the “solution” then?

Once Adrenalin get the much needed cafe/toilet built along at Inners car park, it’s only a few minutes pedal from the middle of town.

mashr

Can’t see them being massively keen on everyone thats ridden around Inners, but not used the uplift, that day stopping by just to get changed inside

kelron
    Free Member

So are they waving their willies around or just getting changed in the car park?

lucky7500

I suspect someone on the Innerleithen community council must have a friend at the BBC for this to be the top story for South Scotland!!
    The toilet issue is sadly directly linked to Scottish Borders Councils spectacularly misguided (and hopefully soon to be reversed) decision to implement charging for all public toilets.

mashr

kelron

So are they waving their willies around or just getting changed in the car park?

Helicopters everywhere

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can’t see them being massively keen on everyone thats ridden around Inners, but not used the uplift, that day stopping by just to get changed inside

Me neither, but what I mean is it’s away from residents moans, and gives an actual focal point, somewhere to grab a coffee etc.

bigwill
    Free Member

Does stripping off mean groups of blokes standing there only in birthday suits or are we talking changing over sweaty tops and dirty shorts. If it’s the last what’s the difference between that and walking around in the summer with you top off and in a pair of shorts, seen plenty none mtb locals doing that. Sounds like a bunch of Presbyterian granny’s get hot under the collar about nothing.

teethgrinder

gives an actual focal fecal point

hodgynd
    Free Member

It must have been a slow news day if this makes headlines !
    I’m guilty of this sort of behaviour myself ..not that I’ve ever stood bollock naked while doing so ..but yeah I’ve taken off all my tops for a few seconds while changing into something dry..and yep even dropped my outer muddied bottoms before getting into my car with a towel wrapped around my naughty bits to put some under-keks and jeans on …
    I hadn’t realised folks in the Borders were so prudish ..and this in a country where men wear skirts ..😂

chakaping
    Free Member

Once Adrenalin get the much needed cafe/toilet built along at Inners car park, it’s only a few minutes pedal from the middle of town.

People wanting to ride the Golfie will still park in town, I reckon.

poah
    Free Member

removing your bottoms in a public street is a bit of a dumb ass thing to do. Getting changed at inners car park is entirely different. Its not like bikers are standing there waving their willies and boobs about.

geex
    Free Member

Been getting naked down there for almost 30 years.

Finally someone’s noticed.

onehundredthidiot

It’ll not be inners trail centre it’ll be the golfie. To be fair I’ve been on my way there and ridden past some lardie boys with arses out while shouting at each other about how rad they were. It was opposite peoples homes so I can understand the sentiment.

dannyh
    Free Member

Report looks very much like one side of the story only. Don’t be so quick to pile on.

I was only referring to ‘idiots’ in ‘our’ community if riders have been using foul language and throwing abuse at locals (as it is clearly alleged).

Other than that – well, it is not really that difficult, is it?

Getting changed in a public street / car park? Wrap a towel around when changing undercrackers – otherwise no different from cutting your garden hedge on a hot day with no shirt on.

Need a wee? Wait until you’re a few minutes up into the woods and the chances are that no one will ever know………..

Need something more substantial? Nip into the nearest public convenience (doesn’t have to be council run – most small supermarkets have a WC).

I’ve no doubt that 99% of this ‘story’ is NIMBYism, but we have to avoid feeding the NIMBYs.

Some of our local trails (that wouldn’t exist but for riders) are currently being used by dog walkers totally unnecessarily (who have no more or less right to be there than riders although the landowner has given a ‘I don’t know about this, right’ approval). They are simply itching for someone to get abusive so they can go running to the landowner complaining about ‘mountain biking louts’ or somesuch. It pains me, but being nice and polite and a bit deferential will make them realise they aren’t going to get a bite and so hopefully will go back to walking on the many other paths that are far more suitable.

martinhutch

If people are stripping off out of bibshorts etc in full view of people’s houses, then they are scutters and should invest in something to sling over the top during the process so they can change without waving their tackle about.

mashr

Some of our local trails (that wouldn’t exist but for riders) are currently being used by dog walkers totally unnecessarily

Care to say which ones so that people know where to keep an extra eye out?

matt_outandabout

Nice response (which I agree with) from the event organiser there.

As ever, a small (snigger) minority changing / peeing in backstreets being watched by a small (minded) couple of locals.
    That said, I can imagine there are a few spots that are used week in week out by some gobby group of lads who get all loutish.
    I know this as twice this last year I have had to ask other riders to watch language as we ride round with kids in tow – both time loudly being shouted over a car park (Kinnoull Hill and Glentress)

dannyh
    Free Member

Care to say which ones so that people know where to keep an extra eye out?

Nope – because in this case (a long way from Innerleithen), the landowner has adopted (in my opinion) a sensible approach of ‘see no evil, hear no evil’.

However, if a dog walker does a Klinsmann ten yards away from a rider and claims they were mown down the whole lot will get flattened.

mashr

Ah, gotcha, thought you meant trails at Inners

gavstorie
    Free Member

So.. this story originated from the Innerleithen District Community Council. There have been an unconfirmed number of complaints raised by locals with reference to urinating in the streets/car parks, stripping off in the street/car park and foul and abusive language when challenged.

The actions of a minority are bringing the reputation of a whole community down so it would be appreciated if the community could do a bit of self policing. If you see any of the above being done by your mates.. have a word. If people were doing it outside your house I’m pretty sure you would be pretty annoyed about it so lets try and stamp it out.

There are public toilets in innerleithen. If you are coming from the edinburgh side, turn left at No1 Cafe into Hall Street. Theres a toilet block about 50 yards up on the right hand side. It’s 30p to use and it isn’t 24 hours, 7am-8pm I think. There is also a disabled toilet there which is available to Radar Key holders. I think the disabled toilet is open 24 hours. If you have lost your radar key, i hear that they can be obtained from ebay pretty cheaply.

Parking is also a bit of a sore point with locals so please try and use the 2 car parks in the town, the weir on the way to the golfy and inners car park, whenever possible.

As a community we need to try and keep on the right side with the locals and the district council. There are lots of discussions going on in the background with regards to future projects that will benefit us. If we can be seen to be actively trying to tackle these minor issues it will go a long way to helping with the attitude towards our community.

TiRed

Hahahaha try any car park or street near a village hall during time trial and toad race season. It’s pretty usual to change in the car and then put the rest on outside. The point about facilities is obvious though.

dannyh
    Free Member

toad race season

Please tell me that is not a typo!

As a community we need to try and keep on the right side with the locals and the district council. There are lots of discussions going on in the background with regards to future projects that will benefit us. If we can be seen to be actively trying to tackle these minor issues it will go a long way to helping with the attitude towards our community.

Spot on. The type of person who turns around to a resident and lets go with a stream of expletives when politely engaged will probably also do so with a ‘fellow’ rider. This isn’t really about a ‘community’ it is about people being (or not being) morons.

geex
    Free Member

Parking is also a bit of a sore point with locals so please try and use the 2 car parks in the town

Except locals have no more right to park on the street as anyone else. Park where you want. Just don’t be a dick about it.

bigwill
    Free Member

To put some perspective on this, I read a comment on Facebook from someone who was at the meeting when this was discussed. It was one person that made the complaint against mountain bikers. The BBC mustn’t have had much to report about that day.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Naked men in Inners’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts