Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • naked bike ride anyone?
  • andy4d

Anyone going for STW group ride? Might be a bit nippy by Sept 4th but you might get a cracking view from the rear of a tandem.

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/cyclists-plan-to-strip-off-for-world-naked-bike-ride

stwhannah

Are there any others happening in the UK? I’m a bit tempted to make this a weekend trip to Edinburgh and the Tweed Valley but somewhere closer to home (or that we’ve not been to this summer already) might be fun.

mrhoppy

That’s Sunday Hills IRL ride day, but given the gorse on the route I’m going to stay fully clothed I think.

nakedrider
    Free Member

Countless chafing opportunities!!
    Still, should be fun

dropoff

Most of these tend to take place in June and July so maybe make a date for next year.

matt_outandabout

What is the purpose of these nekkid jaunts around cities?

Trimix
    Free Member

If you rode about naked on your own, would you not be arrested ? Seems group nakedness is viewed differently.

leffeboy

What is the purpose of these nekkid jaunts around cities?

To highlight the vulnerability of cyclists on the road I believe

And of course an excuse to get your tackle out

kerley
    Free Member

I like to have myself tucked up into my lycra and whenever I sit on bike in garage with loose pyjama bottoms on it feels awful as testicle squashing going on all over the place so imagine it would be similar. So a No from me.

(I am not even going to think of what it would be like with a saddle with a cut out)

nickc

If you rode about naked on your own, would you not be arrested ?

not necessarily, I think the person who complains about the fact that you’re “tackle out” has to prove that you did so in order to just shock and offend (or something like that)

But, yeah, I think in practice, you’d be picked up pretty smartish by the cops.

footflaps

not necessarily, I think the person who complains about the fact that you’re “tackle out” has to prove that you did so in order to just shock and offend (or something like that)

Yes, the offence isn’t being naked but ‘lewd, obscene or disgusting nature which outrages public decency’.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Yes, the offence isn’t being naked but ‘lewd, obscene or disgusting nature which outrages public decency’.

That’s possibly the most English-sounding law I’ve ever heard. What a nation of prudes 😀

one_bad_mofo

Have a little piece I wrote for Bike Magic many, many years ago on the subject of naked bike riding – Bad Ass Biking, oh err missus

bob_summers

I do a “naked” run every Wednesday.

In this case it’s just leaving the watch and phone at home and going for a run.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘naked bike ride anyone?’ is closed to new replies.