Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • NAHBS
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    howarthp

I think the English Cycles bike is fantastic. GCN has a video talking about it (https://youtu.be/6TEyZLpCRkI). I do think he is head and shoulders above other frame builders in terms of originality.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The new onyx hubs are supposed to be there as well. Has anyone found any details on them?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    bedmaker

That truss fork with enough space to shove a tent in makes so much sense.
    Lots of lovely stuff, the hours that go into some of these bikes must be huge.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The thought of going to a bike show fills me with dread unless one of the ones with trails nearby that you can try a bike on. NAHBS though would be well worth a visit. Must do Bespoked this year.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Black Sheep fork

WTAF is the (functional) point of that?

English does look nice. I guess you could wax the chain. EDIT I see it’s a belt (Big Hitter shame)

hols2
    Free Member

So what is the technical definition of a “hand-made bicycle”? Obviously, some tools are required, but is it limited to hammers, anvils, a hacksaw, files, and a gas-torch, or are powertools allowed? Are CNC bits allowed? Do all the other bits, like headsets, cranks, bottom brackets need to be hand-made too, or is it just the frame?

brakes
    Free Member

So what is the technical definition of a “hand-made bicycle”?

it’s the opposite of “not hand-made”.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aren’t all frames hand made (welded) tho, even Tai or Chinese mass manufactured ones?

hols2
    Free Member

it’s the opposite of “not hand-made”.

So it’s not-not-hand-made. But to be completely not-hand-made, a bike would have to be built entirely without a human laying a hand on it. No bike meets that criteria, so all current bikes are not-not-hand-made, therefore all current bikes are hand-made.

brakes
    Free Member

thanks for the pics CFH
    the first English is gopping, entirely because of the paint job
    the second bikepacking English is nice, loving the elevated chainstay.

brakes
    Free Member

therefore all current bikes are hand-made.

by handmaidens?

mickmcd
    Free Member

So what is the technical definition of a “hand-made bicycle

I think wrt to this its where the guy making them has the ability to disappear up his own arse

otsdr
    Free Member
    kerley
    Free Member

So what is the technical definition of a “hand-made bicycle”

For NAHBS it would be a very low volume bike manufacturer rather than a factory making 100s of bike per day although both are hand made. You could use the word artisan I suppose versus someone who just puts a high number of exactly the same bikes together following a rigid set of processes.

hols2
    Free Member

You could use the word artisan I suppose versus someone who just puts a high number of exactly the same bikes together following a rigid set of processes.

So hand-made = crap quality control then?

mickmcd
    Free Member

So hand-made = crap quality control then?

Hater

hols2
    Free Member

Hater

Yes I am. What’s your point?

mickmcd
    Free Member

there isn’t one

hols2
    Free Member

there isn’t one

that’s what I hate the most.

Kamakazie

Love that single sided English.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘NAHBS’ is closed to new replies.