Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • MyTracks – Android
  • thepurist

I just used this for the first time since the most recent upgrade which included “new location provider for better accuracy and battery usage”. It seems to have gone from being a reliable & accurate track logger to a ‘record a few points and put straight lines between them’ app. Anyone else noticed this or was I just unlucky? I doubt weather/tree cover was a factor as I’ve previously used it in all sorts of conditions with perfect results.

mangatank
    Free Member

It can be slightly glitchy sometimes but my last recorded ride on the 18th was near-perfectly recorded. When I run it on Google Earth, the marker tracks the road and trail very closely. For a sweeping bend, I’d say it was using at least 4 points.

It’s a great app though. Nobody crows about it but I think it’s a big selling point for Android.

deviant
    Free Member

I like it, use it all the time.
    It’s simplicity in itself to use and I’ve never had a problem with accuracy…. other half prefers Endomondo though.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Sounds more like you may have issues with your GPS rather than the app.

endomondo I like apart from 2 things, 1 it seems to just stop every so often. and 2 I have sign in everytime i use it which as i usually set off and then remember to start it is a PITA.

bigyinn
    Free Member

It was the first tracker app I used, then I discovered Strava…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘MyTracks – Android’ is closed to new replies.