Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mystery frame found – ID required
  • MrAgreeable

Mate has found a frame, seemingly abandoned after the previous owner moved. It’s a Ti hardtail, no serial number, Rohloff dropouts and even still has a couple of bits bolted to it – a Profile Designs carbon single ring crank and a Hope brake.

It’s a long shot but does anyone recognise the frame or know who the owner might be? My first thought was to check with places that supply Rohloff hubs but SJS don’t know, Pipedream and Kinetics haven’t got back to me.

DickBarton

Might be just the angle of everything but the head angle looks slack – bigger travel fork? Rear end looks vaguely similar to the old Cannondale Beast of the East frames…

Utterly no idea.

BruceWee

Van Nicholas?

What’s the wheel size, seatpost size, an BB size?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrAgreeable

I think the head angle is the way that it’s propped up on the chainring.

I know the photo is a bit pants, there’s a better one here of the dropouts if it helps.

The closest anyone’s come to a positive ID so far has been a very helpful chap at SJS Cycles, who reckoned it might be one of those Chinese Ti internet specials, similar to this. Although the dropout design is a bit different on that one.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Titanium-MTB-Bike-Frame-with-Titanium-Rohloff-Sliding-Dropouts/625806021.html

If the owner can’t be found then it’ll probably end up as an extremely pimp front end for my mate’s Xtracycle cargo conversion. Just thought it was worth a try.

MrAgreeable

I though Van Nic too Brucewee but they have serial numbers. It definitely looks like a 26er but how would you go about checking the wheel size? Just stick a wheel in it and see what the clearance is like?

bencooper
    Free Member

Pipedream and Kinetics haven’t got back to me.

No emails from you in my inbox 😉

Don’t have a clue either – hard to tell from the pics, but doesn’t look like the welding is up to the standard of one of the custom builders, so I’d be guessing something unbranded from China too.

MrAgreeable

Sorry Ben, I was lazy and Tweeted you instead. 😳

A few people have remarked on the blobby welding. Apparently the guy it belonged to was a bit of a pack rat, maybe he got it at a knockdown price and then couldn’t finish building it up.

bencooper
    Free Member

Odd, nothing on Twitter either – did you twit @bencooper ?

MrAgreeable

I could have sworn I did. It’s probably still in my drafts. *goes off to search in vain for where Twitter keeps drafts*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mystery frame found – ID required’ is closed to new replies.