Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • MyHermes / Parcel2Go – 'Stolen' frame – Ebay content
  • neilforrow

So, (log story here – get a cuppa) I had to send a frame back to Jungle under warranty. Organised a collection along with a few others parcels (various carriers). MyHermes turn up first and took their parcel, and my frame (the frame was being sent via another carrier, so they shouldn’t have taken it).

The driver didn’t ask anyone, just took it and left a card. He was seen doing this.

Que lots of emails / phone calls over that last 3 weeks. Along the lines of where is my frame?? / we cant find it…. nothing to do with us… Parcel2Go make it virtually impossible to contact them. No phone number or email. Only Facebook messenger. They go to great lengths to avoid customer contact.

I’m looking for an invi-kit for the new frame, and I find my old frame on the bay finishes today).

Link: Santa Cruz Solo on Ebay

There is no doubt it’s my frame, the serial numbers match FFS and as a proper ‘solo’ not a 5010, they are fairly rare things.

Lessons learnt: Parcel2Go.com customer service is the worst I’ve encountered. They couldn’t have been any worse if they tried. Do not use them. They have no back of house support, make it impossible to contact them and when you finally do, they simply shirk their responsibility / duty of care. Mistakes happen, and I expect them to sort the issue. It’s the fact that they simply don’t want to know that gets me. No help at all.

The police are contacting the seller as they see this as theft. I’ll leave them to that bit and I hope they get to the bottom of this.

However, my main concern is that if someone buys this frame, all they are getting is something that knackered.

Lastly, as a positive, big thanks to Jungle for first class customer service. They really have been spot on and have a customer for life as a result.

bails

What’s the link between parcel2go and MyHermes? Are they the same company?

And how did the driver take the frame? Was it just left out the front of your house or something?

Hope you get it back btw.

kayla1
    Free Member

I hope you get this sorted.

My Hermes (Herpes) suck balls. They ‘delivered’ some forks to me last week, except they just left them lying in the bloke across the way’s back garden and poked a card through his letterbox. Utter, utter shite. Luckily the bloke has had stuff delivered there for me before so he knew where we live and dropped the parcel off.

I never buy stuff when My Herpes is the courier if I can help it.

wwaswas

I’d say that MyHermes are the ‘guilty party’ in all this. It was their driver who pinched the frame.

Parcel2Go are an agent and although it complicates the contractual relationship with the actual carrier they don;t really ‘do’ anything other than negotiate bulk rates with courier companies and pass some of the saving on.

Analogy: British Airways lose you luggage – do you claim off them or the high street travel agent you booked the ticket through? (yes, I know it’ somplicated by airport handling co’s but it was the eaisest example I coudl come up with)

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Ok a bit confusing but hopefully you get it sorted.

How did Hermes end up ‘taking’ the frame? Weren’t you present or the person you instructed to know what he/she was supposed to handover?

I’ve used Parcel2Go and after the user experience said ef it I’m just going to pay extra to get some peace of mind. Though having said that I think I managed to call them or used FB messenger to get through. Can’t remember what though.

quick search pulls up these nos Contact but the nos just ring!!

neilforrow

Balls – wwaswas has it – MyHermes are the ones at fault here, but they simply put me onto Parcel2Go as my contract is with them.

The frame and another parcel were waiting to be picked up. The frame was meant to be collected by UPS under a different ticket. The MyHermes bloke turned up first and took the lot. That’s where he mistake happened.

The parcels were left in the office – the guy cam in, dropped a card /barcode, shouted ‘cheers then’ and did one. Not a lot we could have done to stop that…

tuskaloosa – thanks for the numbers, tried all of that. Recorded messages, all of them.

kayla1 – with you on that. Never ever, ever using them again.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’m confused… myhermes took your frame and you’re having a go at parcel2go?

when would they even need to be involved? surly you get in touch with myhermes and tell them their driver has taken a package he shouldn’t have….

or am i missing something (which is possible!)?

wwaswas

neilforrow – that’s a shame and Parcel2Go need to recognise their responsibility.

I hope the Police identify how the parcel got from the driver to ebay. I’m surprised they have the resources to investigate, tbh.

FWIW, my guess is he realised the error and just dropped it off at home/a mates before he went back to the depot.

[edit] it really is just theft – there was *no contract* between MyHermes and Parcel2Go for the frame box and it was taken without permission.

MyHermes should identify the driver to the police when questioned.

Parcel2Go need have no involvement.

neilforrow

Rob – you would consider it that way. I certainly do. But they don’t.

Finger pointing sums it up. Each saying the other has to deal with it.

MyHermes are even harder to contact then Parcel2Go.

Obviously I am chasing anyone and everyone here…

Meanwhile the frame is up for sale with a few hours to go…

iolo
    Free Member

So it was stolen before the Parcel2Go collection turned up? If so, why are you trying to contact them?

wwaswas

Bid and win and then arrange collection with a few mates/the police?

It’s been done before.

Will probably be local to you too…

neilforrow

iolo – no, the collection was booked through parecl2go. they are some sort of reseller of delivery services. MyHermes is one of those services.

neilforrow

wwaswas – I’m in Exeter, Devon. Ebay ad says Birmingham.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

right… good luck!

in the past i’ve used twitter to speak to myhermes… and they’ve been pretty good.

wwaswas

sorry to hear that – hopefully someone gets caught and it’s good that Jungle came through for you.

mcj78
    Free Member

Surely it’ll be easy enough to identify the MyHermes guy – especially if you had other parcels that he was actually supposed to pick up? I’d be leaving it to the police – but i’d definitely also be plaguing the MH twitter / fb pages & demanding to know what they’re doing about it, reminding them that during a pickup one of their drivers stole several thousand quids worth of goods from your office & if asking they’d passed his details on to the police yet?

I’d also be tempted to book another collection, if the same guy turns up – bombers 8)

smell_it
    Free Member

What a rubbish scenario all round, not long before some unlucky eBay punter gets wrapped up in it too. There are some right pricks about.

devash
    Free Member

They don’t call them “MyHerpes” for nothing.

siwhite
    Free Member

I’d be sure to win the auction on eBay to stop someone else turning up and collecting the frame – repatriating your property from an innocent buyer will add another layer of complication IMHO. Stall the bloke for a day or two to let the Police catch up with him, or worst case buy it with Paypal and then raise a payment dispute when it arrives to (hopefully) get a refund.

honourablegeorge

neilforrow – Member
    Rob – you would consider it that way. I certainly do. But they don’t.

Finger pointing sums it up. Each saying the other has to deal with it.

I would think whoever you had a contract with is the one who needs t sort you out

alanm
    Free Member

Why not inform Ebay it’s stolen and get the auction stopped

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Why have you not reported it to ebay as Stolen?

http://ocswf.ebay.co.uk/rti/compose?items=272611856475&seller=john.h83

cloudnine
    Free Member

Buy it back.. how far is it to go and collect?

shadowrider
    Free Member

Win it, im in Birmingham and i’ll happily go around to his address or you.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Your had a contract with Parcel2Go, they contracted MyHermes to do it, and MyHermes contracted their driver. If the contracted service hadn’t been performed, you should resolved that through the contract chain. But your contract was fullfilled – end of contract. The driver did something outside the contract – that’s his responsibility. He probably took it accidentally, but since he didn’t return it, it’s theft. Even if he left it in the depot with a note saying he’d be back to return it, and somebody took it from there, the chain should start with him. Police should ask MyHermes to identify him.

neilforrow

All of the above steps have been taken, trouble is it takes a long time for these people to do anything. As mentioned by others, the police admitted on the phone to being short staffed when it comes to stuff like this.

I’ll be bidding a million in a min…

Edit – so I won it. Now to find out where the f’er lives

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think theft requires intent?

neilforrow

It gets better: message from the buyer.

This frame is legally mine I brought it in a lost in transit auction so if she’s not if it if it is stolen and it’s not nothing to do with me the bike however is for sale so yes if you want to bike back then you have to pay for the bike as you have been if it is your bike you you would’ve been paid for body insurance company W saying that you want it back and I’m not going to get my money back don’t know it is not gonna happen because legally it is my bike I’ve done nothing wrong apart from bye-bye legally

siwhite
    Free Member

Interesting – if he has paid for it in good faith then he has a claim over the property. When did the frame go missing? Long enough for the (clearly cock-and-bull) lost transit auction to have occurred? Sounds to me as if he has some knowledge of the courier connection and is getting a defence in early…

EDIT; either way the frame should be in the possession of the Police until ownership can be established. If he keeps it until the dispute is settled it will mysteriously disappear…

Rich_s

– if he has paid for it in good faith then he has a claim over the property.

No, he doesn’t.

neilforrow

Order cancled.

I’ve got a note set up if it ever turns up on the bay again. If anyone sees it on gumtree et al, please let me know.

I’ll guess I’ll have to let the police and the bay settle it.

I’ll also email the other buyers as they might be in the process of a second chance…

Gutted doesn’t cover it.

bomberman
    Free Member

Why did you take it up with the eBay seller before meeting him face to face? I would have just gone and got it and let him sort it out with whoever sold it him, especially if you’ve got proof of serial. He is obviously a bit dense as he can’t even string a proper sentence together.

theocb
    Free Member

It’s back on ebay OP

allthepies
    Free Member

Do “lost in transit” auctions normally take place within three weeks of something “going missing” ? Seems a very short amount of time 😕

Or could it be, shock, horror, that our brummie ‘bay vendor knows more than he’s letting on…..

Davesport

Back on ebay

Well, the seller obviously doesn’t care that he’s handling stolen goods. It’s not his frame to sell & you have given him enough information to make him aware of this. If you have defacto evidence that this is your frame you are entitled to it back. You as the owner of the frame have legal title to it. That isn’t altered irrespective of how many hands your item has passed through or how much in good faith has been paid for it. Personally I’d find out where the seller lives (by whatever means) and go and repossess my frame. I’d identify it via the serial number and your supporting paperwork and take it back.

It’s your frame.

Speeder

Exactly – it’s his problem to get the money back through whoever he bought it from and so on back down the chain until the guy who nicked it . I doubt it’ll work that way though.

Harry_the_Spider

Are ebay questions visible to all bidders?

JohnnyPanic

Sellers choice to make them visible.

ctk
    Free Member

Hurry up Police. What are they playing at letting him sell it?

br
    Free Member

I’m still confused as to how the courier picked up your frame by mistake, and from who, Jungle?

Or was it from you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘MyHermes / Parcel2Go – 'Stolen' frame – Ebay content’ is closed to new replies.