Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 395 total)
  • MyHermes: Divide by Zero
  • DezB
    Free Member

I was fairly pleased with my recent DPD delivery – ordered 2 items from the same shop at the same time – one (a jersey) was delivered to a neighbour, the other (tyre) was taken back for return the next day. Odd! Anyway, I went on the DPD website and said to leave the tyre by the front door. They did and emailed me a photo of it sat by the front door. Sweet.

pb2

Great idea OP, I kinda knew were this might go as MH are fine until it goes wrong and then they lie and lie and lie. They really don’t give a toss, I’m am convinced their business plan allows for X% failures and therefore why spend time and money trying to resolve built in failure. Concentrate on getting the other 95 or 96% there roughly on time and in one piece.

I’m sure if I ran a huge business pumping >£500k or more business through MH I might get a better level of service but for mere Joe Public its a pure lottery as to whether it will arrive.

My latest brush with them had them claiming the parcel was still out for delivery — see your tracking info they say —- when the parcel was right next to me having been returned to me earlier without any prior notice.

When I would not back off they conceded it had been returned because they had made 3 attempts to deliver and couldn’t. I had the the guy buying the stuff conferenced in to the call. I asked when had they tried, big silence then they came up with one random date, why no card lefts, more silence. I pushed on and then some genius said they could not deliver the parcel for security reasons 😕

What security reasons we both wondered, I’m sorry we cannot discuss security with you —- catch 22 —-. They then sent me a message saying how pleased they were to have resolved my problem 🙄

They are without doubt the least trustworthy business I have dealt with in many years, I understand Yodel run them close but honestly avoid them like the plague unless you have a defined regular route that works and then hope and pray the drivers don’t change.

DezB
    Free Member

They then sent me a message saying how pleased they were to have resolved my problem

😆 Brilliant.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got myself a rogue one too 🙂

I’ve sent over 200 parcels with hermes and had one damaged parcel in that time and one go awol.

However I dropped off a parcel at a shop in Yorkshire on Sunday and tracking hasn’t moved from ‘dropped at parcel shop’.

bruneep

07/12/2017 10:58 Delivery will be attempted between 11:00 and 15:00 today

Ohhh exciting times…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Attempted. Doesn’t mean they will actually attempt it at logie view though bruneep

Legoman
    Free Member

Literally the last thing I did before opening this thread was book a MH collection for tomorrow. I’m kinda wishing I’d ticked the insurance option now…

In other news… this has got to be a late contender for Thread of the Year!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Ohhh exciting times…

Too right! There goes my afternoon smashing the F5 key

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I got the notification of the 11:00 to 15:00 delivery slot at 12:38.
    Just home at 13:30 and no parcel yet, or card.

This is exactly what I needed after a minging uni exam this morning!!!!

verses

Noooo!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I realise I mistyped in my previous one – it was 13:30 when I wrote the message.

I got home at 1- cos I’d cooked my lunch, tidied up and sat down on the computer before typing that post.

So…. no danger they tried to deliver at 13:25

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s essentially a perpetual motion machine. The parcel will forever be in transit.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Do you think this will be like last time? One fake delivery attempt then many “delays, please wait 24 hours” and nothing for a week until I message them????????????????????????

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s essentially a perpetual motion machine. The parcel will forever be in transit.

Like a buttered cat?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

These two lines in the tracking seem so ominous now:

18/11/2017 18:58 Entered the Hermes network
    18/11/2017 18:57 Entered the Hermes network

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If I win a prize for thread of the year…. please post by Hermes!

martin_t
    Free Member

I wonder…

if you reinvested the insurance to put a new empty box into the Hermes network for every ‘attempted delivery’

…am I right in saying that assuming 6 attempted deliveries of each parcel per month. Would there be 2.2. billion(6^12) parcels in the network after a year?

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’m wondering if the OP is the driver…..

scotroutes

That would explain why he’s never in when he tries to deliver it.

mangoridebike

deepreddave » I’m wondering if the OP is the driver….

Genius

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s Fight Club all over again.

The first rule of delivery club….never leave a card.

deepreddave
    Free Member

^^^ it’s all making sense. Finally.

mudshark
    Free Member

Well seems UPS aren’t so great. I was able to go online to change my delivery date to be next Monday, yesterday they didn’t try to deliver stating this as the reason but then they tried today and say they’ll try tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll also try on Monday.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My head just exploded like that Scanners movie

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Guys…. should i post another one?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes but get them to pick it up.

Stoner
    Free Member

Post two things. One small box, one big box. We need data granularity.

teethgrinder

Durr. Of course!

amedias
    Free Member

Yes but get them to pick it up.

this, very much this

Jamie
    Free Member

Guys…. should i post another one?

Yes. But this time put a GPS tracker in there.

Or even a better a cheap Nokia phone…the one with a week plus of battery. After a week ring it and maybe someone will open the package and answer. Then you can give ’em the good ‘ol Liam Neeson.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZOywn1qArI[/video]

pistonbroke
    Free Member

This reinvestment of compo scheme definitely has legs. It could turn into a crypto currency, maybe called Shitcoin?

pb2

Do it and if I could give you the credits they said they would give me for screwing up I would be delighted to pay for the collection — A collection addressed to yourself would be the ultimate spoof —- please please do it 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

This reinvestment of compo scheme definitely has legs. It could turn into a crypto currency, maybe called Shitcoin?

I just don’t think it’ll deliver on the investment.

scotroutes

Yep. Returns will be poor.

701arvn
    Free Member

I suggest the OP gives out his address and we all send him a package.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Good idea but the joke is that he lives on the moon, or alternatively in a box in Hermes’ returns dept.

martinhutch

I wish I had seen this thread before I sent my nephew and niece (who live in central Edinburgh) their Christmas presents, by MyHermes… 🙂

Can I join the ‘wait and see’ brigade?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

^ uh oh

Will book a collection and drop one off at parcelstore

Will write delivery and return to addresses on them

martinhutch

If they arrive but not yours, we’ll at least confirm just how much your driver detests you.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

They have to be stealing them! being that incompetent would be too much effort! The only guarantee is they will lie about it!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 395 total)

The topic ‘MyHermes: Divide by Zero’ is closed to new replies.