Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 395 total)
  • MyHermes: Divide by Zero
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The issue with MyHermes is that because they use contract drivers, it’s a real lottery if your delivery person is any good.

Compounded by their shocking customer service, lack of ability to redirect packages or pick up from the depot and total lack of contactability.

in fact, if anyone has twitter – can you post this @them?

andyr
    Free Member

I had a delivery off them earlier today. Was a lady in her own car by the looks of it. Wasn’t expecting it until tomorrow and it’s not even damaged. Win.

No help to the OP I know. Moving along now…

l0key
    Free Member

Well we are still here, but has it arrived yet?

amedias
    Free Member

Tracking link suggests not… but also stopped showing updates on the 22nd, come on OP, we need closure!

dmck16
    Free Member

It’s quiet, too quiet…

Perhaps Hermes have sent the heavy squad round to hush the OP whistle-blower…

trail_rat
    Free Member

The Hermes driver stole his soul.

The op disappeared at this moment and no longer exists to update this thread.

It’s a plot straight out of red dwarf

MrSmith
    Free Member

well mine hasn’t arrived yet 🙁
    i dont think it will either, i really think its just been dumped because the driver (who is probably a freelancer with his own vehicle) didn’t want to come all the way in to london from maidstone* for 1 drop as it’s too much time and fuel so just chucked it somewhere.

*thats the depot it went to according to the tracking. obviously they dont give a contact number for the depot so any complaint has to go though online complaints that have a 2 day response time.
    what a pile of pooh that company is.

metalheart
    Free Member

I ordered something from John Lewis and got an email saying its on route by Hermes..

Got a phone this am asking where my house is (to be fair, I’m pretty rural!) but I’m at work. Told him how to get there (and where to leave it). Subsequently got an email saying its been delivered…

What’s the chances, eh? 8)

bruneep

At what point will the OP go full on social media with MH?

richardkennerley

edlong – Member
    you have evidence of someone at the delivery company forging your signature
    Not unknown for neighbours to be naughty…

POSTED 3 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

True…. But on the tracking it says delivered, signature received (along with the nice picture of the forgery,) then a day later it says item with courier and even now still says item with local courier.

So MH are essentially telling me that the driver has stolen it!!

GHD refunded me, I told them I’d like to know how it is dealt with and what happens as I have been ” unwittingly embroiled in fraudulent activity, a criminal offence” (a bit OTT I know) but they haven’t responded now.

dooosuk
    Free Member

GHD refunded me, I told them I’d like to know how it is dealt with and what happens as I have been ” unwittingly embroiled in fraudulent activity, a criminal offence” (a bit OTT I know) but they haven’t responded now.

They’re still laughing at you. HTH 🙂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Mega busy with my MSc right now.

And….. It has* arrived!

*Not

24 hour delay now equals one week.

I’ll get on the online chat to them tonight.
    Will post transcript

verses

I had been compiling a sub-par DailyMash-esque post about the Greek God Hermes demanding the (non)delivery company cease and desist using his name as their service doesn’t befit the title “messenger of the gods”. However on checking his Wiki page it seems he’s a more appropriate choice of god than I first thought…

Given the last part I’ve highlighted, they’re actually a very appropriate company to use for the OP’s parcel…

metalheart
    Free Member

Hate to inform you all but my parcel did indeed arrive, dropped off in the right place and a postcard in the mailbox.

Just given them a five star review… 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

It’s not just Hermes. I’ve been at home all day waiting for parcelfarce. ‘On or before the 28th’… yeah right. I’ve been forlornly looking out the window all day and now probably tomorrow as well. Nothing worse than waiting for a parcel. Can’t even have any music on in case they sneak the red card of frustration slyly into your box.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My local myhermes dude is ace, if I’m not in he leaves a card with his address and what time he’ll be home, so I always get parcels that day.

colp

Crikey, get yourself a balaclava and a crowbar, he’s practically begging you to do his house over.

kerley
    Free Member

It’s not just Hermes. I’ve been at home all day waiting for parcelfarce. ‘On or before the 28th’…

That sounds like a late delivery which is very different than my experiences with Yodel, MyHermes etc,.

As long as when they do attempt to deliver then actually attempt to, leave a card if out, allow you to easily rearrange/pick-up I can live with a late delivery.

My worst example of Yodel was when they left a card saying parcel with “Mr Smith” I phoned them up and was told that I should know all the people that live in my street. I then walked around seeing if I could find Mr Smith (I could not). Phoned back up and they then owned up that parcel had actually been taken back by driver and wasn’t actually left with anyone.

DezB
    Free Member

MyHermes should know about this thread – they’re losing business because of it.
    I posted a tablet on monday, previously would’ve used MyHermes but, after this, didn’t trust them with something of value, so used Post Office at eleven bloody quid.

MrSmith
    Free Member

just spent ages trying to find a direct telephone number for the depot in Maidstone and having done so it just rings and rings, while searching there was a list of google reviews for that depot, all 1 star and tales of misery, lies and ineptitude from people who never get their parcels.
    i guess if you live i Maidstone and have a van you can freelance for them in the run up to christmas and furnish your home with whatever you fancy plus lots of gifts for friends and family, any leftovers can be sold on eBay in January when you have left your job there. (obviously don’t use MyHermes to post them)

how is this business still running?

Gary_M
    Free Member

My local myhermes dude is ace, if I’m not in he leaves a card with his address and what time he’ll be home, so I always get parcels that day.

Mine too, puts his mobile number on the card and I just call him to arrange delivery. DPD (Scott & Jamie) also excellent.

kayla1
    Free Member

See the post above yours- people baulk at paying ‘eleven bloody quid’ to send valuable stuff so use the cheapest available service with no accountability to save a pound or two and then wonder why stuff goes missing.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’ve sent about 100 parcels via MyHermes. Only had a problem with one that went to eBay collection at Argos so not sure who was at fault but Paypal refunded the purchaser and I wasn’t out of pocket so I doubt it was MyHermes fault.

Been faultless for me.

Jamie
    Free Member

See the post above yours- people baulk at paying ‘eleven bloody quid’ to send valuable stuff so use the cheapest available service with no accountability to save a pound or two and then wonder why stuff goes missing.

To counter that. The reason I would use someone like myhermes is because of the whopping great hole in RM’s services. I need to send something which fits in the small package guidelines, so £4-6 for 1st class/recorded, but because it’s .3kg over 2KG RM want to charge £15. myhermes and C+ fill that gap I guess.

kerley
    Free Member

The reason I would use someone like myhermes is because of the whopping great hole in RM’s services.

I only use Royal Mail and have sent over 1,000 items and not had a single issue. However, I agree their pricing structure is odd. Went to send some handlebars which were in a box nut much bigger. Weighed 500 grams but because length was over 60cm the only option was Parcelforce at £11+. Would have been okay if in a tube!

DezB
    Free Member

paying ‘eleven bloody quid’ to send valuable stuff to arrive the next day and then you check the tracking and it’s been sat at the sorting office for 2 days waiting for the arsehole to collect it! 😕

ElShalimo

did the parcel ever arrive at the destination?

DezB
    Free Member

did the parcel ever arrive at the destination?

Check the tracking! Here’s the tracking webpage:
    https://www.hermesworld.com/en/our_services/distribution/uk_distribution/parcel_tracking/parcel-tracking.html?trackingNumber=5733372246516680&Postcode=EH8%20%209EH:_noquery_

Nothing for a week 😆

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

OK, went in and submitted a support request.

Interestingly, I checked the previous support request and they’d deleted my last replies so that the request is closed at the point where they say “parcel was delivered on xxxx and left behind the gate”
    I’d got back to them and said yes… that was it being delivered back to the seller – I live in a block of flats.

Total pricks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

this your flat ?

timber

When following up a missing parcel to our yard with the seller, he showed us the transcript from Hermes, saying that it was left with lady on reception desk. Had to let him know that we are an agricultural shed with mess room and office attached and the office girl had been on holiday all week.
    They couldn’t even tell us where they might have delivered the parcel.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If enough of us send parcels to the op with ‘contents’ worth £200 and insured for that amount I wonder how hermes would react.

Multiple claims for £200 for parcels undelivered to the same address should prompt some action.

maccruiskeen

I agree their pricing structure is odd.

its a situation they’ve been forced into – in contrast to their competitors RM have to offer a universal service – send packages from and to anywhere in the UK at one flat rate. The rest of the competition can pick and choose what they like – there are areas of the UK they can decide not to collect or deliver to and they don’t have to offer the same level of service or price UK wide. So while their competitors are fighting to death over the low hanging fruit (doing the most profitable work at the lowest possible margin, all hoping they’ll be the last man standing) RM are left having to charge their services at what it actually costs to provide them.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

UPDATE

I sent them an email asking where my parcel was.
    They wanted some details about its size etc.

Within an hour I received an email saying that after an “exhaustive investigation” they were sad to say it was …. lost and gave me a claim form to fill in.

So, looks like the delivery driver has pretended to deliver it once, then chucked it out the back of his van or something and consigned it to some computer system purgatory.

Sadly the claim form only asked for delivery address details, not sender’s too. So no idea if they will realise. I did claim for my soul though (£20!)

trail_rat
    Free Member

how many times can you get away with this before they twig 😉

tomhoward

I’d be sending dozens more parcels to myself if I were you, nice little earner that.

woffle
    Free Member

As mentioned ^^, I reckon a mass sending of parcels to the OP’s address, all insured for £20 is in order. Proceeds to charity.

Failing that, I’ve a pile of empy boxes iPhone X’s all to be delivered…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

So, after doing the online claim I sent them a message:

Could you please explain the tracking history of the parcel? It seems the driver has attempted to deliver once (when the buyer assured me they were home – and no card was left) and then there were a variety of ‘delays’.
    I believe a number of complaints have been made about this driver and their failure to deliver parcels to this address?

Thank you

24 minutes later:

Regarding parcel number: 5733372246516680

We are happy to inform you that your parcel has been located in the Hermes Network. Subsequently, the claim you have submitted will be closed and we would be grateful if you could confirm where would you like this parcel to be sent free of charge. We can return this parcel to you, or alternatively we can send it to your intended recipient. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We will also, as a gesture of goodwill refund your postage cost to your original form of payment.

Once we have received your reply with instructions, we will arrange for the parcel to be delivered within 5 working days.

Kind regards,

Dodgy practices all over the shop, they’re just making it up as they go along.

I will ask the parcel to be returned to sender.

Now we enter phase 2 of the merry-go-round!

trail_rat
    Free Member

We are happy to inform you that your parcel has been located in the Hermes Network drivers garage. Subsequently, the claim you have submitted will be closed

tomhoward

They’ve seen this thread, you’re busted.

*dons tin foil hat*

I had that with a courier once (forget who) they reported the parcel lost and asked me to fill out a claim form.

Claim form filled in claiming for a £5000 bike (new replacement value), insured as such with the courier)

They then must’ve looked a bit harder down the back of the sofa and found it. Which pissed me off as it was worth a lot more lost as I’d sold it for!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 395 total)

The topic ‘MyHermes: Divide by Zero’ is closed to new replies.