mydadhatedbritain

Home Forum Chat Forum mydadhatedbritain

Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • mydadhatedbritain
  • Airbrushing history doesn’t help educate children.

And stopping a kid turning up to school dressed as Adolf Hitler is airbrushing history ? 🙂

Junkyard

you seem confused between poor taste of fancy dress outfit and airbrushing history.
    Perhaps they explained how naughty adolf was and why it was not a good idea to dress as him so it was all rather educational?
    Would it have been appropriate for the girls to go as Joy Division?
    Is this airbrushing history?
    IIRC that Prince Harry fella got a bit of grief for it as well…some folks seem to think it is poor taste to do this rather than denying that Hitler existed or was a baddy.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Genius from the Sun though, behind a paywall so can’t actually check the facts of the story so all just supposition.

ernie_lynch – Member
    “Airbrushing history doesn’t help educate children.”

And stopping a kid turning up to school dressed as Adolf Hitler is airbrushing history ?

😆

Bloody hand-wringers!

Not confused at all (but as in the Scotland thread) always happy to be told what I am thinking!!!!

It’s bad enough having to access the Wail for the Milliband story but I draw the line with the SUn, so I don’t know the story here. However, if it is the case that a school is simply sending a child home because he is dressed up as Hitler (or /Stalin/Pol Pot etc or any of their victims,) then i think that is a poor decision.

Blimey it will be poor taste to dress up as a Roman legionnaire sent over to surprise our forefathers soon! And better abolish pith helmets, Campbell tartans etc.

Not confused at all (but as in the Scotland thread) always happy to be told what I am thinking!!!!

No one has made any suggestion of what you’re thinking. Junkyard said that you seemed confused, and you certainly do.

You claim that children should be allowed to attend school on WW2 days dressed as Adolf Hitler, but you provide no reason why other than apparently prohibiting them to do so is “airbrushing history”.

Do you actually believe that ? Do you think that they will grow up to be ignorant of Adolf Hitler because they weren’t allowed to dress up like him ?

You seem confused. And I have no idea what you’re thinking.

Junkyard

I would not flatter you by suggesting your post included thinking 😉
    I suggested a reason as to why it may not be appropriate which you could have addressed or ignored.
    I can see no reason as to why you need to dress as hitler to understand WW2 properly or know who or what he or stood for.

Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘mydadhatedbritain’ is closed to new replies.