Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My wife's version of tourettes is getting worse…
  • the-muffin-man

…it’s the involuntary nagging for no bleedin’ reason version!

There is a constant stream of petty pickyness! 😀

“Do that this way, no that’s the wrong way, who left this here, I told you that an hour ago*, it’s a tip in here**”

I’m sure it just spews out with no conscious thought – I should really record it and play it back to her.

(*no you didn’t; **it really isn’t)

Is there a cure!?

Klunk
    Free Member

bollox

simondbarnes

Is there a cure!?

Divorce?

cardo

Ear plugs or a divorce.

eruptron
    Free Member

New Patio!

the-muffin-man

Soz – my computer froze, and I clicked post 3 times!

Mods – please delete the other threads – Ta!

boblo
    Free Member

So bad you had to tell us all about it 3 times? 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

This is somewhat ironic.

allan23
    Free Member

When I first met t’other half’s grandfather, grandma was in full stream nag from the kitchen.

He just turned his hearing aid down and smiled at me.

I suspect divorce, a discreet patio and landscaping service or ignore is the answer.

I get the constant stream of minor pickiness too. I put it down to the example that grandma set for mother in law that was picked up by the missus as the way that relationships work.

Probably no hope for you, if you have children then there’s a cycle to be broken. Good luck suggesting to a habitual nag that they need to change 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mine likes to moan in 20/20 hindsight “you should have” blah blah blah… if only she could have shared those pearls of wisdom before the fact.

She’s also Bruce Lee with a flick knife hard using me as a proxy – the slightest thing and I should get into a massive argument over it, she’s as meek as me in person.

Or yet worse – nag to do stuff at the most useless time, when I’m either miles away from whoever the job is or when it’s 11pm.

CountZero

I read the first post and my first thought was “hmmm, new patio and landscaping time…”
    Seems to be a common thread… 😀

the-muffin-man

I have got 30m2 of new patio to lay! (Which I’m not taking any interest in apparently, despite us not having the money yet, and still with a summer holiday to fund!)

If I take it steady I could finish it on xmas eve as a pressie to myself. 😆

Cougar

[Something about trivialising and mocking serious conditions. Also, sexism.]

Eight pages.

salad_dodger

Are you married to ninfan?

pictonroad

Sounds awful. I was in one of those relationships for a decade. Even now, 12 years into one without any nagging I still occasionally get the panic that I should be doing some job or other.

(I should, but I know that, I’m a grown up, besides, I’ve just bought a hammock…)

ourmaninthenorth

It isn’t so much the nagging (I’m not innocent on that front), more the the inconsistency and illogicality.

I liken it to dealing with a drunk.

maccruiskeen

“Do that this way, no that’s the wrong way, who left this here,

I think you should keep your bedroom antics private

kormoran
    Free Member

Can’t live with ’em, can’t burn ’em

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is there a cure!?

Dunno, have a couple of Stellas and maybe something will come to you

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My wife's version of tourettes is getting worse…’ is closed to new replies.