Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • My wife is pregnant
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

After a year and a half of trying my wife is finally pregnant found out yesterday very over the moon and glad to see there is still some lead in the old pencil seeing as iam 37 going on 38,so ive got about 7/8 mnths to get in as much riding as possible.

pedalhead
    Free Member

congratulations! yes, ride your bike now! Life is about to change for ever 🙂

ollie
    Free Member

Congratulations to you both. Have as many lie-ins as you can, cause when the little’un arrives they are gone.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Congratulations!

AndyRT
    Free Member

welcome to the club of no sleep but I’m going riding on sunday morning anyway, Oh and sage wisdom….hangovers and babies really don’t mix!

Bunnyhop

Great news.

sofatester
    Free Member

If you thought you had no freedom as a married man think again!

Good luck.

taxi25
    Free Member

Congratulations to you and the wife. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking riding ends when the baby is born though !! When we had kids, we both felt it was important to make time for ourselves as well.I’d still go for a ride a couple of times a week. Then do some baby minding (a bit scary on my own at first)so my wife could get out.

Leku
    Free Member

Say hello to night rides!

95% of my rides now start at 7.30 with both kiddies asleep.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Congratulations – life changing experience – poverty, no sleep, a few years of smelling of sick or nappy sacks but the best thing you’ll ever do – it just gets better and better.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Congratulations to you both. My wife just had her 12 weeks scan this afternoon and it’s just hit home that I’m going to be a dad after seeing a wee person on the screen.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

should add that we have two kids already from previous marriage/relationship the stepson is 15 and my daughter is 11/12 in two weeks time so its been awhile since we did the whole nappy/baby sick thing but we both can just about remember,well the good bits anyway!! 😆

ollie
    Free Member

hangovers and babies really don’t mix!

This really is the best advice anyone could give you!! Trust me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Many congratulations (wait for it MrsFlash), as the father of twin girls (3 weeks old) and being of advancing years myself (41), I know what it is like to hear the wonderful news.

Can’t say I have ridden my bike though – and I don’t think I have ht eenergy to do so right now….

🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

ditto what Leku said, say hello to the night/very early morning.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Mastiles have you had twins? I really had no idea! You kept that one quiet didn’t you?? 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

Congratulations both 8) and take no notice of the ‘ride as much as you can now’ comments . . . I bought my first mtb when I was 7 months pregnant and just dropped a deposit on my fifty-somethingth . . . didn’t have any more kids though 😉

kimbers

get a dna test

igm

LOCT
    Islabikes
    Weerider
    CoPilot

Buy with the last of your disposable income…

zaskar
    Free Member

Well done for having lots of sex. 😈

Congrats hope the baby is great.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Congratulations fatsimon…but I can’t believe that no-one else had asked the obvious in light of your previous threads…are you sure it’s yours? 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well done!

stevieeeh
    Free Member

Congratulations! Hope all goes well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DAMN! Beaten to it by FoxyChick!

Best of luck, old chap!

hora
    Free Member

Dammit foxychick! I was scrolling down and about to post that it could also be mine. Taxi25, thats what we are going to do. 🙂

FoxyChick
    Free Member

CFH…I looked for your post on this thread…and knew what you would have said…so posted it for both of us!!! 8)

(and hora it would seem…) 😉

hora
    Free Member

Fatsimon, if hes born with a anchor tattoo on his arm and a cheeky grin. Well, sorry fella 😮 Further signs as he grows up? He cant ride for toffee and has a large jaw?…err me again!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And if he comes out sporting a fedora tipped to a jaunty angle, well, what can I say?

8)

Thanks, FC! Was somewhat busy earlier!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Well done FS – congrats to both.

And well done Hora….. 😆

mogrim

Congratulations, although I really don’t get this “no more riding cos of the baby” crap – fair enough the first month, but after that?

tankslapper
    Free Member

forget the riding just get out on your bike!

IGMC

hora
    Free Member

If she says your not allowed out..

Bunnyhop

Ahh but this is FS mk2. The new reformed model 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘My wife is pregnant’ is closed to new replies.