Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • my Van Nicholas,please tell me what you think,cheers
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I’m not a lover of all the red and blue and what not. That sort of colour went out in the mid 90s. I know Hope still do it but I can’t see why! I would never have a seat post that high. Even though you say that you have plenty in the frame I find that hard to believe as how long is your post? I would guess it would be about 50cm, the longest I see are about 40cm. Some serious leverage on that frame though with that much post. I doubt they would honour the warranty if they had a pic of the bike at hand if you damaged it in the seat tube area,

wwaswas

I’ve got a couple of van-nic seatposts and, once you wrestle the seat rails into the clamp, they’re really good.

deanogoku
    Free Member

they are a bastard to put the saddle on the seatpost,lol

xiphon
    Free Member

….each to their own….

deanogoku
    Free Member

quite right xiphon

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Only reason I was sure it’s not a 19″ is that I have an 18″ Airborne. Measure it from centre of BB to centre of TT along the seat tube and that will give you the more meaningful size.

Never said I did or didn’t like it. I actually do like it. They are fantastic frames and I don’t mind your colour coding. Quite like it in fact.

How are you finding it, I love mine.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Nice bike/components but not keen on the colour explosion. I just hope you don’t ride it in a team “sky” outfit

deanogoku
    Free Member

hi zedsdead,i found out its 18in frame,brought it from fat birds don’t fly,as for the colour its a bit of a mar mite bike,you either love or hate it,iv had loads of bikes from gt,giant,rocky mountain,scott,, but this is by far the best frame iv ridden,iv had it a year,i ride every day pretty much and its still tight as a drum,it turns heads for the right reasons when i go to the pub on a night ride,people asking questions about it and so on,hows your airborne?is it still riding well?

69er
    Free Member

If it makes you smile when you ride it, it’s a great bike. Everything else is personal taste 😉

deanogoku
    Free Member

your right there mate

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘my Van Nicholas,please tell me what you think,cheers’ is closed to new replies.