Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • My uncle's had a brain haemorrhage
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well, a little update. He gets out tomorrow, 3 months of iccu and rehab between Sunderland Royal and the RVI. Still nowhere near himself physically, but mentally intact.

God I love the NHS! Fantastic effort people.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

My local osteopath’s remarkable recovery story http://broadstoneclinic.co.uk/glasgow-coma-david-allens-story/

Good luck.

ononeorange

Good luck Paul and best wishes to him

CaptJon
    Free Member

Great news.

mamadirt
    Free Member

+1. Glad he’s on the road to recovery!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I also feel great love for the NHS. And well done that man!

HermanShake
    Free Member

That’s amazing news in an awful situation. Stay strong, there’s a lot that can be done to help him recover. He’s a tough cookie!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That is indeed great news.

specialknees
    Free Member

At this early stage and from what you have said I think the future looks very good.
    Tip:
    Don’t build yourself up to much, save that for him. The power of a positive attitude does wondrous things.

Yes, I do have experience.

Challenge him to a race up the steepest climb you know (when he’s ready).
    A doctor once said to me serious illness is the loneliest time of your life. At the time I never really knew what he meant. Having been there I know now. Re-assure him constantly, plan for the future. Even make light of it if you can get away with it.
    When you’re in that position you constantly think loved ones know more than you and pick-up on the slightest thing.
    Good luck.

antigee

my mother had one in early 50’s and was touch and go but did OK and was pretty fit and active until her late 70’s
    long term brain damage was very limited got a bit confused on remembering names and some words consistently mixed but carried on doing crosswords, knitting patterns, walking the dog

initial 2 weeks very severe memory loss, couldn’t remember husband had died and who was who or where she lived – was hard to deal but it all came back with time

good luck

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘My uncle's had a brain haemorrhage’ is closed to new replies.