My turn to have a stove thread! Any reason not to get a Charnwood Country 4?

Home Forum Chat Forum My turn to have a stove thread! Any reason not to get a Charnwood Country 4?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My turn to have a stove thread! Any reason not to get a Charnwood Country 4?
  • Premier Icon Paulio
    Subscriber

We’re going to be getting a wood burner fitted in the next few weeks so I’m on to the exciting business of choosing a stove.

The Country 4 (£550ish) seems my favourite at the moment but is there anything else I should consider before placing the order? It needs to be around 4.5kW, max of £600ish and not modern looking.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

I’ve got one, nothing to compare it to, as it’s my first burner, but it’s great and kicks out a fair whack of heat for a small stove. Good size window too, for when the telly is shite.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

If I were to have a charnwood it would be the cove, but I couldnt bring myself to buy one at the price they want for it.

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

Just installed a Charnwood C-Seven. Burns very nicely.

Easier to light than the Effel we had at the last place.

Don’t pay list price – cheaper at our local supplier than on the web too.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

We have a c-Four. It is great but would prefer a bit more progression on the air control, it is one control with three settings. Not sure how that helps, if at all.

Premier Icon Paulio
    Subscriber

Thanks chaps, the Country 4 is still in the lead then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My turn to have a stove thread! Any reason not to get a Charnwood Country 4?’ is closed to new replies.