Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • My Transition Scout build …
  • prezet
    Free Member

… This build has been months in the making. First frame had to be sent back due to issues, and had to wait a few months for a replacement. But I’m so glad it’s done, can’t wait to get it out on the trails!! Bring on summer.

timbo678
    Free Member

Looks perfect….carry on

rOcKeTdOg

why the chain device, is the chainring not NW?

honourablegeorge

Think you’ve done a very nice job on that. All nice parts, no nonsense.

I dunno where to start with your flowerbed though

prezet
    Free Member

why the chain device, is the chainring not NW?

NW’s are great but I’ve dropped chains a few times in the past. It’s only 70g for a tiny top guide. Thought it was worth it.

fathomer

Looks very nice indeed, some very neat cabling. My frames sat on the settee at home waiting for a few more bits to arrive/be ordered.

Out of curiosity, what issues did you have with the original frame?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s well nice. Good job , really like those bars , where are they from? Cranks horizontal in pics though please some of us have standards

Northwind

Can’t find fault with that at all. What’s the point of a new bike thread if we can’t slag it? Loving the colour!

coogan
    Free Member

Nice. I do like the look of the Transition frames.

poah
    Free Member

nice build, what hubs & spokes have you laced to the ex471?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That’s perfect.

tops5
    Free Member

Very nice indeed ! 🙂

drovercycles
    Free Member

Nice build. You’ll love it – hope you get a chance to get it muddy soon!

roverpig

Great looking bike, but what’s all this “bring on summer” stuff? Get it out there and get it muddy !

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks for all the nice comments!

nice build, what hubs & spokes have you laced to the ex471?

Hope Pro 2’s

really like those bars , where are they from

Bought them from Pedal Addiction, but you can source Joystick stuff from online retailers.

prezet
    Free Member

Out of curiosity, what issues did you have with the original frame?

The original frame was the black one, and it had a large scratched area on the side of the seat post. Not sure how it got there, but the shop was really good about swapping it out.

solarider
    Free Member

Just building up a very similar bike. Good to see yours come together so nicely.

Don’t wait for the Summer, get out and get it mucky! That colour will still show through even the thickest mud bath.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

what travel are the pikes set at, 140 or 150?

but yes, that’s bloody lovely!

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks good, love the colour 🙂

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

very nice indeed. However, thought about some matching EX471 rim stickers from slikgraphics?
    http://www.slikgraphics.com/collections/dt-swiss/products/dt-swiss-ex-471-style-decal-kit

prezet
    Free Member

what travel are the pikes set at, 140 or 150?

140 at the moment. I may change that at some point depending how it rides.

darrenspink
    Free Member

You’ll have fun mate, get it out and about now.

I was just about to ask why you have the hoses going into the frame on opposite sides, but after a search I see they are all like that…well apart from my build

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Is that a Rockguardz protector ? does it look like its going stay on?

kayak23

I see you’ve gone for a four-point rim-decal-tyre-graphics configuration. Classy…
    Beautiful bike. I like those bars too. Not seen them before.
    Bedding plants atrocious.

prezet
    Free Member

Is that a Rockguardz protector ? does it look like its going stay on?

Yep, it was an absolute ****** to get on, even after 10 minutes soaking in warm water. It won’t come off in a hurry!

Bedding plants atrocious.

That’s the wife’s area of (so called) speciality, I’ll pass on the feedback 😉

Flapjack
    Free Member

I suspect we’re going to be seeing a lot of these Transition build threads since the Transition stock finally turned in Jan…………and just to prove it here’s mine 😀

richardkennerley

Received mine (also neon green!) last week but am waiting on a couple of parts before I can get going!

Out of interest, these both look like large frames, how tall are you both? I’m 6’2 and went for L rather than XL.

Flapjack
    Free Member

Yeah mine’s a large – I’m 6ft and it’s spot on. At 6’2″ I would think you’ll be fine but you’re probably at the upper end of a large.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’m 6’2 and went large as I felt the reach on the xl was too much for me. Got 175mm cranks on with the saddle all the way back. Been using a 50mm stem up until a week ago, now 35 and it’s much better.

richardkennerley

I’m going from an 18″ Stanton slackline to this which has a longer, the XL seemed like it might be too big a jump.

I’ve got a non-stealth reverb at the moment. You reckon I can do something with that, or will it look too shoddy!?

prezet
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and it fits really well. I’ve had to slam the 150mm reverb as I seem to have short legs. Using 170mm cranks. For now I’m on a 50mm stem – it was really tempted by a 35mm, but I thought that might be too short. So going to see how it goes. Coming from a medium sized Covert it feels really spacious, climbs will certainly be more comfortable!

kirky72
    Free Member

Here’s my steed. Tried lots of bikes this does very well at most things and is always fun where there’s fun to be had. Maxxis shorty on the front these days.

Sancho
    Free Member

nice
    Top tip, put some frame tape where the cables touch the seat stay and chain stays, the cables carve through the alloy very quickly.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ve got a non-stealth reverb at the moment. You reckon I can do something with that, or will it look too shoddy!?

Yes, you know you need a stealth 150 😀

I started with a standard and found it hard to keep the hose attached to the frame without it looking shit (well spoiling the clean look) Tried some of those stick on guides but they just fell off after a couple of rides.

richardkennerley

Yes, you know you need a stealth 150

Yeah I know…. I can’t spend anymore…..!!

sharkattack

Bring on summer

People never learn.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nokia 7650?

kirky72
    Free Member

Similar, a £10 special to go in my back pack. Sorry I will get the Nikon and tripod out next time for your satisfaction.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

Oh it doesn’t bother me. It just gave me fond memories of a photo album I have with similar (worse!) quality pictures…

DanW
    Free Member

Can’t find fault with that at all. What’s the point of a new bike thread if we can’t slag it? Loving the colour!

Got to second that. Great bike OP! Have fun (in the mud!!!!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘My Transition Scout build …’ is closed to new replies.