Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • My tattoo addiction!
  • jekkyl

Did anyone see ep2? I just watched it tonight.
    Very uncomfortable viewing, very cringey, I almost couldn’t watch but very darkly interesting. The Scottish woman/man, the kids in magaluf & the hipster getting Adolf Hitler on his leg. Ughh!

JEngledow
    Free Member

I might go and see if I can find it later, what time and what channel was it on?

loddrik
    Free Member

Tatoos. Yuk!

wwaswas

I thought the transgender woman’s reasons for getting the tattoo was genuine and handled well.

The guys in Spain who do tattoos on people who are too drunk to stand up, let alone make a rational decision, I have nothing but contempt for.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve nothing but contempt for people who go to Spain and get too drunk to stand up. The world is in perfect balance again 😀

Didn’t actually see the programme so have no idea who I should really have contempt for 🙂

wwaswas

no idea who I should really have contempt for

Everyone, until proven worthy of anything else. Maybe.

I agree on the drunk people being daft and the bars that server them are not much better that the tattooists.

jekkyl

& what about that tattoo artist with ‘100% c u next Tuesday’ on his back! Unbelievable. & that guy getting the Hitler one, he so wasn’t sure & totally looked like he regretted it already, terrible!

wwaswas

he so wasn’t sure & totally looked like he regretted it already

Yes.

As soon as the next tattoist along said ‘It was real, my parents saw babies killed by Nazi’s’ he went really quiet, all the bravado of having something ‘subversive’ done ebbed away.

CaptainSlow

What’s taken you so long STW?

Genuinely surprised it’s taken this long. 🙂

It could be an an interesting program but so far it needs more art rather than focusing so much on the daft or drunk.

Seen some smashing tattoos on here (inbetween t3h haters dirge).

st

Watched on 4OD the other day and was left feeling that it was all a bit superficial, guess I shouldn’t have expected too much.

wwaswas
    10pmix
    Free Member

What’s taken you so long STW?

Genuinely surprised it’s taken this long.

Not taken long at all

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/i-want-to-be-the-most-tattooed-man-in-swindon

The guy in High Wycombe seemed to get a little confused under questioning about why he tattooed the stuff he did. I did love the moment it was revealed it would be Hitler holding a gas bill. The two of them together made quite a double act.

Woody

tazzymtb

It just goes to show there is massive difference between those with a tattoo and the properly tattooed. Both viewed the same by jo public but oh so very very different. Like a chap on a halfords bso and a person with a few grands worth of lovely bike, to the average person they are just “mountin bikes”

*reminds me, must start a tattoo thread to show off my new work and give the haters something to foam at the mouth about*

wwaswas

I suspect there’s as many people who have ‘proper’ tattoos done for ‘car park kudos’ as there are people who buy a Santa Cruz or whatever for the same reason?

I think they’ve tried to cover a range of people having them done, they’ve not all been drunken numpties or exhibitionists?

_tom_
    Free Member

*reminds me, must start a tattoo thread to show off my new work and give the haters something to foam at the mouth about*

Do it, I want some inspiration for adding some more stuff to my leg 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

It just goes to show there is massive difference between those with a tattoo and the properly tattooed. Both viewed the same by jo public but oh so very very different. Like a chap on a halfords bso and a person with a few grands worth of lovely bike, to the average person they are just “mountin bikes”

Like bikes though, as long as they’re getting a tat that’s all that matters.

soobalias
    Free Member

massive difference between those with a tattoo and the properly tattooed

yeah massive, you keep telling yourself that, it justifies the expense of the ‘art’ maan, if nothing else.

best guy on the show is the one who had all his tats done for the hell of it, just picked at randon and done for the sake of it, the only one he regretted was the drugs poem.

zilog6128

It could be an an interesting program but so far it needs more art rather than focusing so much on the daft or drunk.

There already plenty of shows that focus on the art, this show is about the people that get them (which in this show seems to be exclusively odd characters!)

Thought Woody in particular was a very odd chap. His justification for the tattoos he does/gets kept changing, from “I want to shock people, push boundaries and be remembered for this” one minute to “nothing we do should be taken seriously, we’re just irresponsible and we do this for no reason”. Also seemed a waste to me to have his whole back taken up with a piece which displayed zero skill, but it’s his body at the end of the day.

CaptainSlow

Ahh, I’d missed the Swindon thread – my faith in STW is restored 😀

I can’t say I’ve watched any other shows on tattooing other than this one; Miami Ink et al have all drifted past unwatched at Slow Manor..

Tazz -gerronwi’it. I like a good STW tattoo thread.

Soobs – whoever said a tattoo need be justified or explained or a reason provided. Surely this show demonstrates that 😀

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Freak show on all levels – quote of the week was the mother saying
    ” I worry about my little boy, there are some nutters out there” as she rubbed her son with the tats including one with Audrey Hepburn with a mouth gag

Ro5ey
    Free Member

A few rebels without a clue on that last program…. I was wondering which STW members they were

But the Scottish lady was quite a positive story.

While the kids in magaluf … were just that… kids… I was sitting there hoping my lad doesn’t do anything stupid in 15 years time.

While the body build had a addictive personality … bet all the cans in his cupboard have the labels facing foward.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Just watched it on 4od 😯 (and I’m tattooed).

wrecker
    Free Member

Both people involved with the Hitler tattoo were complete and utter bellends. I hope that nobby hipster chap gets his lights punched out for having the fuhrer tatt’ed on his leg. I bet he hasn’t got the danglers to wear shorts.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘My tattoo addiction!’ is closed to new replies.