Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • My Soulcraft…… It is resurrected!
  • shaggy

I remember the crash. It wasn’t pretty. Glad you’ve for it built up again.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Another one here:

My “go to” bike, used and abused, but loved like Emily loves Bagpuss…

beaker

How easy is the purchase process for one of these? How much do you end up paying for a frame?

woodsman
    Free Member

It’s all on the website, the online form can be a little intimidating/tedious looking but once you’re through that, pay a deposit and double the wait time!

bencooper
    Free Member

Or of course there is a certain small Scottish framebuilder who can build you something similar – but without the cool name, cachet or the beard 😉

woodsman
    Free Member

start your own thread/advert 😉 (nice bikes though)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Liking the colour somafunk

ell_tell
    Free Member

Repair looks very nice & will be great with the decals.

Was that a sudden failure or did you (as I suspect 🙂 ) inadvertedly drive into a static object that was considerably tougher than the frame?

The aftermath looks similar to PeterPoddy’s Sanderson!

titaniumlover
    Free Member

kenny!

so glad to see her back alive – excuse for a trip to yorkshire to see your buddy tom?

postierich
    Free Member

Kenny dodgy dancing he might be under the influence 🙂

DSC00537 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

salsaboy

That’s still one sweet bike Kenny, glad it’s reborn.

titaniumlover
    Free Member

sammy looks like a skinny whippet too

salsa
    Free Member

Yes I have a 2003 Soulcraft, still used as my main bike, fabulous to ride, just been resprayed and new graphics

thekingofsweden

Good to see you and the bike back Kenny.

somafunk

Rich : that’s my “Jesus-christ” pose, As in……….Jesus christ look at kenny – he’s **** pissed and about to fall over….again!

This thread….and my reputation has only went downhill ain’t it? 😳

Cheers shaggy/Chunkymtb/salsaboy.

Sam/Tom/Sheldon – I’ll be in touch 🙂

ell_tell : Yep, It was a very sudden failure caused by hitting a very static object at speed.

Hammer
    Free Member

Woo-hoo….

Memories of an awesome weekend that left a sour taste after your “incident”.

Awesome that it’s mended…. and that you are mended.

Nice piccy of you with my future missus behind you..

Hammer

ell_tell
    Free Member

Never saw the pics but judging from the state of the bike it looked nasty, so glad you recovered

woodsman
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking all along ”I don’t know if I would have that repaired” but then it didn’t occur to me – I’m riding a bike that has had a down tube and head tube replaced by fillet brazing, on a previously tig-welded frame – doh!

It was replaced under warranty 3 years ago, no idea who did it SJS farmed it out.

Later paintwork owner’s own….

Ps: glad you and the bike are all mended!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I just noticed Charlie’s sticker on the top tube.

My mate wrote a journal from a single speed fixed gear off road Scottish tour with the same title back in the 90s. http://www.63xc.com/kenei/kensing.htm

somafunk

Nice wee write up, I’ve had that site in my bookmarks for years but never read that particular article – you’ve got to love his choice of bike, very similar to my 1994 indian fire trail with rigid forks that was rode everywhere, and usually without a helmet 😯 . imagine the stares you’d get now if you turned up on a rigid alloy frame fixed gear single speed with cantilever brakes and a 0 degree quill stem with a 120mm reach and all in one ti bars/bar ends.

That article is what i consider mtb’ing to be in a nutshell…… ain’t it?, The fun factor doesn’t change dependant on speed or terminal velocity, well not for me anyway as i can just as happily get a kick out of bimbling down a rocky hillside and not putting a foot down and i imagine others get a kick out of straight lining down the hillside with 6″ of travel to soak everything up, different for everyone i suppose but bimbling on a light ride is my idea of happiness.

So the moonter phrase? what came first? – your name or the phrase or a happy coincidence of both at the same time?.

And i guess charlie owes that article a doff of his cap 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘My Soulcraft…… It is resurrected!’ is closed to new replies.