• This topic has 46 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by joefm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • My son just confessed
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

he has opened all the remaining days on his advent calendar and scoffed the low quality chocolate

I am not angry, just so dissapointed .

no pudding?

nickc

Doesn’t every child in the world do this at some point?

dovebiker

No pressies 😈

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rake the Garden before supper?

igm

Buy him some lottery scratchcards as presents – but check them all before you give him them.

cranberry
    Free Member

Wee in his christmas stocking.

Speshpaul

tape the remaining now empty windows shut and make open one every morning to nothing…

mahalo

i never did it. it would have been sacrilegious in our gaff.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Rake the Garden before supper?

Really hope this isn’t a euphemism 😯

jekkyl

put wee bits of brussel sprout inside the windows and make him open the windows and eat them?

Drac

I would be disappointed too if I’d bought my kids low quality chocolate.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I am not angry, just so dissapointed .

no pudding?

tell him you’re not giving him any more spelling lessons?

molgrips
    Free Member

Doesn’t every child in the world do this at some point?

Good god no!

You’d be instantly found out, for a start! If you’re going to nick chocolate, don’t nick them from numbered single-use windows that everyone can see!

Rorschach
    Free Member

He’s 29 years old…….he has to make his own mistakes sometime.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I always opened the bottom of the box, slid the tray out, eat the tuck, slid tray back in.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    I would be disappointed too if I’d bought my kids low quality chocolate

You should see what we are having for christmas nibbles

Klunk
    Free Member

no pudding?

I think the traditional punishment is to replace all his presents with a piece of coal.

Drac

You should see what we are having for christmas nibbles

Splashing out this year? Normally you have these.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I assume that you still have the receipt for the power kite?
    Take it back for a refund.

PrinceJohn

I liked the suggestion on a Facebook meme earlier on, place some fake presents under the tree every time child does something naughty throw fake present on the fire/crush and destroy…

CountZero

put wee bits of chocolate-coated Brussels sprouts inside the windows and make him open the windows and eat them?

FTFY 😉

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Did you expect the high quality chocolates to go first? He fessed up, give him a milky bar!

It all about life choices you know.

funkmasterp

I still eat the chocolate that my MIL hangs on the Christmas Tree every year and pretty much get caught doing so every year. The bizarre punishment is to ban me from eating more. I’ve already eaten two thirds so Ha! It’s almost become a tradition.

I’d play the long game OP. buy him an old school, picture only, advent calendar next year. That’ll teach him. Or you could get revenge at Easter by eating all his chocolate eggs before he does. Get in touch if you need help eating them, email in profile 🙂

richmars

Chocolate in advent calendars??
    All we had was a picture of a present.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Picture?

You were lucky. We used to dream of seeing a picture.

Harry_the_Spider

We used to dream of seeing lumps of coal and horse shit.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Good in him. On the 16th I finished up 2 Calender’s. Not enough doors left to give the class another go so universal vote gave me the lot.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i assume the far wall of the mansion was too far away to see when the butler opened them for you? 😉

richmars

Not any old picture, on the 25th, we had a picture of baby Jesus.

hot_fiat

My wife lost the plot with my son today and put his advent calendar in the bin. He’s 3.

funkmasterp

Picture?
    You were lucky. We used to dream of seeing a picture.

Spoilt rotten you lot. Our calendars had no doors to open because we couldn’t afford doors. You’d be faced with 25 empty little holes with no picture in them. You’d have to imagine your own door and a picture to go with it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My wife lost the plot with my son today and put his advent calendar in the bin. He’s 3.

Titchener?

stwhannah

My kids think I am the most evil mother ever. Their advent calendar appeared (little wooden houses). Lots of excitement. Until they opened them. No chocolates, no sweets. Just tasks, like ‘tidy your room’, ‘ring Grandma and tell her about your day’, ‘draw a picture’, and ‘put away all your clean clothes’. There are some treats mixed in, but mostly it’s chores. There was a stage where they were refusing to open their advent calendar. I quite like watching their reaction as they try to hide their disgust (back chat would result in a telling off). To be fair, I probably am evil.

Rorschach
    Free Member

EXTRA PUDDING…..

rickmeister

Make him eat some chocolate money.

The tin foil will go well with the amalgam fillings

Klunk
    Free Member

I liked the suggestion on a Facebook meme earlier on, place some fake presents under the tree every time child does something naughty throw fake present on the fire/crush and destroy…

not a good idea, i made the pretense of flushing his favorite toys down the toilet once as a punishment, he was very distressed and reminds me of it 22 yrs later.

sandwicheater

Wrap him up in a kite and post him off to Africa, tis the only way he’ll learn.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member

Spoilt rotten you lot. Our calendars had no doors to open because we couldn’t afford doors. You’d be faced with 25 empty little holes with no picture in them. You’d have to imagine your own door and a picture to go with it.

Luxury! We were so poor when I was young that you had to wake up on Christmas Day with a hard-on or else you had nothing to play with.

toby1

Tell him that every time he does it, one of Santas elves is killed. Works in my house (with my 39 year old wife and me).

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Opening advent calender doors before they were due, fate worse than death territory when I was growing up!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘My son just confessed’ is closed to new replies.