Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 589 total)
  • My Sick! experance
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

nickhit3

Re their drop off on social media I believe from what I have seen on their IG that Jordan one of the founders has had phone issues. Either lost it broken so his social media continuity has been interrupted somewhat. Personally I can believe that and I’m not so much into the conspiracy theories around them. I’ve had my own dealings with Sick and whilst I’m never going to be in the market for their core products, I did purchase some of their early merch which, you guessed it, was months late.. however they were v patient with me, courteous and the raport the whole time was fine for me.

The cheque is in the post
    The Dog ate my homework
    These are not the droids you are looking for…..

Either they have frames or they do not, if times are that bad that they can’t access social media then they are ****.

longmover
    Free Member

The cheque is in the post
    The Dog ate my homework
    These are not the droids you are looking for…..

Either they have frames or they do not, if times are that bad that they can’t access social media then they are ****.

It would be nice to even be acknowledged with an excuse, they just maintain radio silence, the last time I had any contact with them was after I said the customer service guy was as useful as a chocolate tea pot, and that was only to try and shift the blame onto someone else.

dogbone

I’m calling Bertie Bullshit on someone breaking a phone and not being able to get on facebook etc.

I’m not that ‘connected’ but I can access facebook etc on any phone / laptop / pad.

chakaping
    Free Member

That might have cone across more patronising than I intended Nick, if so i apologise.

I just think a lot of people had their cards marked from the start.

flange
    Free Member

I’ll be honest – I’m not in the market for one of their frames but I did contact Jordan about a frame design a while ago and he couldn’t have been more helpful with contacts for suppliers and helping me with the design. Really friendly helpful bloke.

Having been let down massively by a frame builder in the past I understand the frustrations people are feeling. hopefully this gets resolved for everyone involved.

nickhit3
    Free Member

“That might have cone across more patronising than I intended Nick, if so i apologise.

I just think a lot of people had their cards marked from the start”

No offence taken man. 100% agree on the marked cards though. People love a drama eh. As far as this tale goes, I was choosing consciously not to pile in with the lazy hatred based on hearsay etc. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, because like everyone else here, I don’t have a clue what the situation is with them right now. I don’t have a horse in this race and frankly don’t GAF that others feel compelled to state the obvious. I too see the problems that have emerged with Sick. Do i think a broken phone is important or even a valid excuse for a trainwreck of hacked off customers, no I do not since you all asked so nicely. Just felt it wasn’t brilliant to come out the gates with that hot take that was already out there there pages and pages ago.

I get that it’s off brand to be evenhanded on here but give it a rest guys.

jamesoz

I don’t have a dog in the fight or anything against Sick but..

I did purchase some of their early merch which, you guessed it, was months late.. however they were v patient with me

From outside that statement sounds a bit mental.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I did purchase some of their early merch which, you guessed it, was months late.. however they were v patient with me

I always love a company who are tolerant of being bollocked for not delivering what I paid for, though it’s rare I am able to buy something I don’t really deserve and must ask permission from the retailer to be allowed to have their product

😉

mickmcd
    Free Member

don’t really deserve and must ask permission from the retailer to be allowed to have their product

Ah like apple

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

however they were v patient with me,

Errrr what now? They were patient with you??

Waiting months for a t-shirt??

I ordered a shirt for someone’s birthday from a popular auto shirt place, they refunded me the whole thing when it was a few days late without me asking them to.

The reason why they are getting away with this scam (which it is increasingly looking like) is because of people like you!!

Making t-shirts is a business people do as little kids and do it better than Sick!

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I got burned by Dashbot (CHIP) on Kickstarter.. all seems quite similar by the sound of things.
    Avoid anything linked to crowd funding is my new rule.

tomhoward

Avoid anything linked to crowd funding is my new rule.

I’ve done pretty well out of Crowdfunding. Only used Kickstarter though, as they only fund if the project gets fully funded, unlike indigogo, where everything pledged goes to those seeking funding, regardless.

Shockwiz, Cranked Magazine and Trickstuff Maximas are the bike ones I’ve done (still waiting on the TS stuff, but that was always an April delivery date, and they’ve been in regular contact).

Always used a credit card too, just in case…

nickhit3
    Free Member

So the pitchforks are out I see because I dared to share a part of my experience buying a tshirt that didn’t immediately get a lawyer involved? Yes it was late- no it wasn’t great but it wasn’t a big deal for me at the time and I was willing to forgive them and move on with my life. Why do you all insist I submit to the view that one MUST eternally hate on something. You guys are somehthing else sometimes.

Look for the record, I wouldn’t spend any serious coin with them for the reasons already set out by others. That ok?

If that’s not black and white enough, GFYS.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Hunt wheels are a great example of excellent service- I ordered a wheelset over the weekend as they said in stock, got an email Monday which said there may be a weeks delay so they would happily refund the cash- as it happens I needed the wheels quickly so got the refund but they also gave me a discount code for next time I wanted some wheels

mickmcd
    Free Member

Hunt wheels are a great example of excellent service

It’s not quite the same as drop shipping a crowdfunded job though is it. I have learned to great cost over the years that doing everything yourself is the only way to not get shafted somewhere in a supply chain.

bigyim
    Free Member

My sick experience is now over too. Had a notification of refund from PayPal and my cotic bfe arrived yesterday too. Wish I’d just ordered one in the first place

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Had a notification of refund from PayPal

Result! Maybe they are cleaning their act up at Sick!

bigyim
    Free Member

Not quite. They ignored the claim like it didn’t exist untill PayPal over ruled it in my favour.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ah. I wondered if the recent quietness on Insta and the lower key press releases marked an attempt at changing the perception of them.

andeh

Can we get a count-off on people waiting on frames/correct frames, just to get some perspective?

mickmcd
    Free Member

the recent quietness on Insta

News just in

Tim and Jordan joined Isis and can’t get back in the country. …they said sorry

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

If that’s not black and white enough, GFYS.

Oooooh get you!!

It’s not that you must “hate on” something, it’s that you waited months for a t shirt and somehow you think you have done them a favour!! Don’t you see how bonkers that is?

If you really don’t I despair. If they can’t even deliver such a simple product (literally made in minutes either yourself or sending off an order to a t-shirt printers) then what chance do they have of making a £2k+ frame properly and actually delivering it? Turns out very little chance but people who fell for the brand got sucked in.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Can you explain where I stated I felt I was doing them a favour? That’s some stretch going on.. I chose deliberately NOT to state that one poor low value transaction ruined my life and the MTB industry. And that’s doing them a favour? I won’t buy anything from them again personally but it’s not ruining my life. I’m not sure how you’re arriving at the conclusion that I’m doing them a favour by publicly adding that I too had a bad experience.

This site is a mess. Your hot take is stating the obvious that many others already have – “they can’t send a tshirt so can’t build bikes, they’re a risk you idiot etc”

I UNDERSTAND THAT. why are you all piling in saying the same thing?!!

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I don’t think it is a scam, I think it is pretty wild to say so, just very badly managed. Unless my idea of a scam is quite different to yours.

I think, myself included, that a lot of people on here and across social media have it in for them and believe they deserve everything they get. Mostly because of their poor attitude towards anyone who didn’t wholeheartedly support their ideas. It feels like their ‘public relations’ from the outset have opened themselves up to a lot of public criticism and discussion. Hence this huge thread when something has gone wrong, people love it, yes it is childish but you just have to go back and read some of their social media posts and comments on here to understand where that comes from…

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

When you set yourself up with such arrogance, people are desperate to see you fail.

jamesoz

I was just bored, not seen any of the social media stuff. It’s a forum, best not to take it too seriously.

tomhoward

I was just bored, not seen any of the social media stuff. It’s a forum, best not to take it too seriously.

While what goes on on forums isn’t the be all and end all of life, how many folk, having seen this thread/others on different forums, would now buy from them?

jamesoz
    sirromj

Are the problems with Marino their fault? Are there not other good options for them to go to? How long would it take to get up and running with another frame builder?

nonk
    Free Member

Vital have a good podcast with frank the welder this week .
    Worth a listen

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks nonk. Looking forward to that this evening.

neilforrow

Big yim – good news. Glad you got your £ back. I had the same. Once filed the communication stopped and they ignored the pp claim until it was awarded to me.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I’d get in there ASAP with a PayPal claim or card chargeback while they still have some money – if they haven’t blown it on tattoos and bling bike parts. 😂

w00dster

Nick, I think you’re wording may be confusing the subject, you mention they were months late with their delivery but then say how patient they were with you.

“I did purchase some of their early merch which, you guessed it, was months late.. however they were v patient with me”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Vital have a good podcast with frank the welder this week .

Enjoyed that. Thanks again.

chiefgrooveguru

“Are the problems with Marino their fault?”

Sick were claiming they’d come up with a better way of making bikes – the problem is it isn’t that easy to set up manufacturing businesses. Either you do it yourself, which is VERY complicated in how you actually do the processes or you out-source which is VERY complicated in how you deal with all the logistics and costings etc. If your supplier has a problem, you have to sort it out because the customer is buying from you – doesn’t matter whether you’re building frames from raw tubes or selling complete bikes that are coming in from Taiwan already boxed, you will always have a supply chain and it will never run smoothly 100% of the time.

“Are there not other good options for them to go to?”

Yes if they are willing to work like other manufacturers do – and that means buying in quantity and not changing their designs on a weekly basis.

“How long would it take to get up and running with another frame builder?”

The lead times can be very long. At the extreme end, Giant is one of the world’s largest bike manufacturers (for lots of other brands, not just themselves) and they schedule every minute of production a year ahead.

I’ve been running my own direct consumer sales manufacturing business for a decade now and I suspect I’ve forgotten more in that time than the Sick gentlemen have yet learnt. It’s so bloody hard! We’ve done hardly any marketing for the last two years because we’ve ended up having to focus so much energy of smoothing out production issues.

muggomagic

I am/was a big fan of their work and I think if the problem was with their supplier and they had emailed all those that were waiting for frames and been open and honest about what was causing the delay then people would be miffed but most would understand but to just cut off communication and ignore emails means the customers have ever right to fear the worst. For a company that were so very quick to reply to anyone that said “it looks like it’ll snap in half” the fact they’ve gone so quiet of late is a worry. I really hope they can turn it around, get frames or refunds to those that need it and learn from their mistakes and come back stronger and ruder than ever.

trail_rat
    Free Member

For a company that were so very quick to reply to anyone that said “it looks like it’ll snap in half

To be fair all I said was that the braze wasn’t very good- and it most definantly wasn’t. . ….. Thought I was getting a horse’s head haha

plus-one

Jeez that bloke with Instagram page is a dog with a bone !! Looks like sick folk/s were involved in other companies that went tits up 🙁

duckman

Why don’t they just get a bunch of Genesis Tarn frames in, find a way to make the paint thinner then rebadge them? Satisfied customers all around.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 589 total)

The topic ‘My Sick! experance’ is closed to new replies.