Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • my short girlfriend insists she is best off riding a kids bike….discuss
  • rOcKeTdOg

*Mama dirt to the forum!*

i know a 5ft 3 lady who rides this 13.5″ GF Marlin and a small Giant TCR

IMG_0007 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

The Bus Stop stop ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m building my missus a dialed holeshot, well when I say building I mean hoarding bits in the shed, and when I said missus I mean there’s a dialed holeshot frame in the shed that I say is for her and parts arrive “for her bike” sit in the pile for a while then get re-purpoused for my bikes 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

*Mama dirt to the forum!*

Waves 😀

Not a lot to add though really. Confidence is a major factor and if Mrs ODB feels more confident being able to put her feet flat on the floor then surely she’ll be more inclined to ride more, hopefully then looking to up the efficiency by swapping stuff around, altering seat position, etc, etc . . . or maybe not . . . that’s just a bloke thing I guess . . . and me 😳 . That said, I never run my seat at full pedalling height – with zero standover clearance, a lower seat height with the saddle tilted backwards has, for me, absolutely nothing to do with sick tailwhips – it’s for emergency disembarkation only 😆

A 24″ wheel bike is likely to be fitted with shorter cranks and taking wheel size into consideration will be slightly lower to the ground than a 26″ wheel bike. A 26″er fitted with smaller wheels is a different thing totally though – bottom bracket height will be lowered considerably on a frame designed for 26″ wheels, so if you decide to go this route watch out for crank clearance when cornering. It’ll be a riot on the downhills but pedalling around corners wont be an option.

Oh, and that Fisher is very very nice 😛
    Wanders off to look for another Dialled Holeshot

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘my short girlfriend insists she is best off riding a kids bike….discuss’ is closed to new replies.