Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • My royal wedding- something old, something new, take me there, anywhere…
  • Northwind

Went and saw the Wildhearts last night- first band I ever loved, 3rd band I ever saw back in 97, seen them probably 50 times since at highs and lows. Brilliant show full of older glories, absolutely delighted to see Ginger apparently back in good form, more so to see Danny back in the band (sans one leg, and the size of a fridge, but still the same snaggletoothed bass lines that inspired me to buy my precision bass in 2004)

And it was brilliant, then this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mZvOQAyKYo

And if the Wildhearts were my first love, Frank Turner and Million Dead and the Sleeping Souls have been one of my last- the last band I saw in fact, and he’s up there out of nowhere, blasting out the songs and fanboying out and gushing about how he watched their single I Wanna Go Where The People Go on Noisy Mothers in the 90s just like I did. There’s no such thing as rock stars, just people who play music, and some of them are just like us…

God bless the Wildhearts and long live the king, I ****ing love rock and roll and even something that’s always magic can be extra magic.

jamj1974

Glad you had an excellent time.  See bands you love live. Few things better!  👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

senorj

I saw them quite a few times in the 90’s.They were one of the most ferociously tight bands I have ever seen. I’m amazed ginger is alive!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My royal wedding- something old, something new, take me there, anywhere…’ is closed to new replies.