• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • My round, it's 29 beers isn't it?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Short measures.

Drac

Did you get my scratchings?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

wow thats some weight, chatted to a bartender in augustiner in munchen a few times when they have brought over a hand full with one on top of all the other handles. some right weight in them

aracer
    Free Member

Nah, I’m not having one, and my mate’s just having a half, so that’s…

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, it’s ok I’ll get me own. I don’t do rounds 8)

duffle
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Did you get my scratchings?

Dirty B’stard……….that’s my pint!

tomhoward

Ah, I ordered a shandy…

Houns

Where’s my Guinness?!

rene59
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Nah, I’m not having one, and my mate’s just having a half, so that’s… …made the pub come alive! 🙂

matt_outandabout

Where is Dec? Ant is clearly getting the beers in…

jekkyl

you can drink and cycle, right?

Drac

Did you get CFH’s glass of fizzy pink?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Stag do in Norway, whose round is it?

bruneep

You can but after 2 pints of Mutzig I wouldn’t recommend it down Morzine high st

😳

aracer
    Free Member

I’m glad somebody got it 🙂

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I hope they aren’t paying London prices

stumpy01

I thought 4 pints in a busy Wetherspoons was impressive!

That was 3 pints in a triangle with one perched on top…..and I got a round of applause when I reached my destination!

boxelder

Advantage of being an XXL glove wearer – I can do four ‘square’. Shame I’ve no mates to go to a pub with 🙁

theotherjonv

i used to be able to do 4 – using the old style straight glasses with a bulge an inch down (oo-er) if you got the bulges offset and didn’t squeeze too hard (think throttling with your finger and thumb rather than full hand) then the glass would hang vertically and you could hold a 2×2 array.

Can’t do it with the new straight style

alpin
    Free Member

I hope they aren’t paying London prices

Oktoberfest prices are getting ridiculous…. Nigh on 11€ for a Maß (technically it’s spelt Mass, but the tourists prefer Maß a it looks more authentic (ein Maß is a measurement, ein Mass is a liew of beer, and a Stein is reserved for clay jugs,not glasses)).

When I first came to Munich it was 5,60€ for a Mass. Give the waitress 6 and she was happy.

Now prices are pushing 11€ with the average price coming in at 10,85€…. So you are looking at paying 12€ per Mass if you want your next beer to be brought along promptly. Shitty tips, shitty service.

And again, as with regards to short measures, just suck it up. You complain and you’re unlikely to get prompt service for the next beer.

I generally leave town when the Oktoberfest kicks off. We live just 1.5km from the Weisn… Toon many drunk tourists, aggressive dickheads and puke everywhere.

andytherocketeer

Stag do in Norway, whose round is it?

with that number of beers?
    better get a 2nd mortgage!

You can but after 2 pints of Mutzig I wouldn’t recommend it down Morzine high st

was about to say we did 3, but in hindsight, we did actually walk (kinda) and pushed the bikes

crikey @ those oktoberfest prices.

5lab

I can do 5 fairly easily, as long as they’re not really full – one in each corner and one in the middle, held up with the pressure of the others. A little spillage is par for the course as the outer ones tilt outwards due to the angles.

The german beer hall wenches are impressive – I’ve seen them with >15 beers (litre steins, as above) – and they’re normally tiny lasses

alpin
    Free Member

Were the beers in glass? If so, then they were NOT **** steins…!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘My round, it's 29 beers isn't it?’ is closed to new replies.