Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • My road bike has made me a better mountainbiker…
  • 13thfloormonk

I was worried that the 3 weeks i’ve spent off the mountainbike and playing on the road bike might have left me a little blunt on the mountainbike, but far from it!

A super slidey day up arthur’s seat, blackford hill, the hermitage and the braids had me surfing round corners, clipped in across off camber ugly roots, and climbing deep, leafy muddy singletrack like it was summertime (by which i mean dry, in case anyone had forgotten).

Even better, my very traditional 4″ travel hardtail feels like a dirtbike after the rigid, aluminium, 22c road bike i’ve been on. Maybe a change is as good as a rest.

Hope everyone else had fun out in the ridiculous wind…

davo
    Free Member

i got a cx bike to ride on the road and started to put big road miles in. fitness wise it help my mountain biking big time but its so **** boring. i haven’t been out on it for the last 2 months and now im back to square one.

13thfloormonk

yeah, the road biking definitely requires a stereo, or some twisty singletrack roads at least, i’ve found a lot of long descents on the road bike plain boring, especially if the wind is slightly against you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My road bike has made me a better mountainbiker…’ is closed to new replies.