Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My rear needs help….
  • sparrowcar
    Free Member

I have a Magic Mary up front and looking for a new tyre for the rear to replace my MKII black chilli that just won’t hold air tubeless.

I’m down to the High roller 2 42a v WTB vigilante or possibly the Rock razor
    Which would you choose?
    I’m in Ireland so choice is sort of limited to stock in CRC due to free shipping and poor stock selection in Ireland.

sparrowcar
    Free Member

Anyone? Reckon I’ll just go with a HR2 as a safe bet.

tomaso
    Free Member

Super tacky /42a on the rear is gonna be a slow drag – 60a would be better and the tubeless ready o es go up real easy

Mates with rock razors seem to suffer lots of punctures

sparrowcar
    Free Member

Thanks Tomaso just reading exactly that in the internet.
    Is the 3C better again than the 42a do you know?

Yetiman
    Free Member

A mate of mine is running 29er Vigilante’s and really rates them.

By the way, why isn’t the Mountain King holding air? Just wondering, as I’ve run quite a few different Conti tyres and they have all worked tubeless on various rims, although some needed more sealant than others.

sparrowcar
    Free Member

No idea but in the 2 months since going tubeless I’ve had to refill the stans 3 times and pump it up before and after every ride. The magic mary on the front went up first time and I haven’t touched it since.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Like my HRII in the EXO, never bothered with the super tackies unless I’m racing DH (even then it’s probably wasted on me). On the back the normal versions are better. 3c is a triple compound AFAIK with sidewalls, side knobs and the rolling centre being different compounds. Faster rolling & grippy cornering, apart from the price whats not to like.

slackalice
    Free Member

Another vote for the EXO High Roller on the back here. Hooks up really well and tubeless. 🙂

sparrowcar
    Free Member

Maxxis certainly know how to to confuse with all their compounds and protection stuff.
    So I’m looking for HR2 3c EXO as the best solution, anyone have a link to one online?
    They appear to be sold out of that type on CRC.

raisinhat
    Free Member

Next Day Tyres have lots in stock according to their website.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My rear needs help….’ is closed to new replies.