My On One Floaters don't…

Home Forum Bike Forum My On One Floaters don't…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • My On One Floaters don't…
  • Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

They might if they weren’t attached to 1/2 ton of recycled Chinese oil rig :D.

Nice pic btw.

Float!

😆

iolo

Good luck with your hub, bottom bracket and pedal bearings.
    I give them a week tops.

drofluf

Is that how you cleaned your bike after uptonogood?

sq225917

Yup, I’d be dissasembling those hubs and that freehub, popping off the seals and repacking everything with fresh grease.

brant

I remember, just before we launched the Fatty, reading about a bike owner who was upset his BB had got rusty after riding his bike in the sea.
    “not fit for purpose”

neilwheel

How about if you chuck the bike in on it’s own, will it float then?

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

2.5 more psi in each & it would have

Baznav

not going deep enough to have trouble with floating, when the water is up to the bars it gets interesting.

Muke

I can see a new BBB event in the making 😉

crispyrice

I was hit by a wave on my fatty once. Knocked me off my bike much to the delight of two fit young ladies watching. All I could do was take a bow and cycle off as fast as possible.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

neilwheel wrote:

How about if you chuck the bike in on it’s own, will it float then?

Yes.

In fact, 4″ tyres can have too much floatation. Try crossing a fast flowing river with them and you can struggle to hold on to the bike.

oliwb

^^ you lot are surely joking about re-building hubs etc. Picture looks like fresh water. I’d agree with you if it was salt water – but come on seriously?!

sq225917

Oli, just because river water isn’t full of salt doesn’t mean it magically doesn’t cause rust. Salt water just does it quicker. If you don’t believe me, put some water down your seat tube, leave it for a week and then repeat once. You should have BB blood leaking from your cranks by the end of week two.

BB blood

brilliant.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

What do some of you lot do when you get to a stream/river crossing?
    Go home and polish your rocket i bet. 🙂

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

^ that is an average Highland ride for 70% of the year… 😆

dirtydog

Knew it was going to be float but had to check anyway, resisted for 7 hours.

sq225917

I’ll ride straight through anything ahead of me. But I’ll strip my BB out when I get home.

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

When my bike bleeds rust I know its time for some TLC.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

“not fit for porpoise”

he’s got a point

satchm00

Float!

Pedal faster!!! ;-D

Perfect STW reactions! Thanks!

I view my bikes as things to be ridden, so they are! Well actually that’s a lie!

I only ride the fatty now! When it needs some work I do it!

Is that how you cleaned your bike after uptonogood?

All that mud needed some extra special cleaning after baking dry in the sun while I had a cider or 20 in the afternoon!

Muke – Member
    I can see a new BBB event in the making

Fatty water rides at the Big Bike Bash… sounds good! Brant – want to sponsor that one 😉 A baby fatty or 2 to tempt the 300 or so kids we have on site 😀

Premier Icon colin9
    Subscriber

^^ you lot are surely joking about re-building hubs etc. Picture looks like fresh water. I’d agree with you if it was salt water – but come on seriously?!

Totally. My average winter rides involve so much mud it’s best to dump the whole bike in a nearby river just to clean the drivetrain out enough to carry on.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘My On One Floaters don't…’ is closed to new replies.