• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mos.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My new(ish) SolarisMax (XC race?)
  • mos

What was supposed to be a frame swap from my Travers RusTi has turned into an almost entirely new bike with the exception of the gears & handlebars. I was after a hardtail I could race XC on occasionally on but still have fun on round the valley, the key part though was finding something with the same 515mm reach as my Flaremax, which really works for me. This narrowed it down quite considerably and after reading this thread;

XC-trail hardtail build – “progressive” geo frames

I just plumped for the Solaris & put some lightish bits on there. It’s 11kg without pedals & goes like stink up, down & along.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfMMu_GMGY4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

mos

Bugger, link dint work.

FOG

Impressive, what else did you do to get it down to that weight?
    Mine seems to weigh a ton.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

What made you change from the Travers?
    I have a Russ Ti also and have used it for everything from XC racing with 100mm forks and 29er wheels to bikepacking with 27.5 Plus tyres and rigid forks.
    Seems very versatile.
    Saying that I am eyeing up a full suspension,mainly a Flaremax as well but in a downcountry spec!
    Regards,
    Max.

slackboy

Mine seems to weigh a ton

Mines about 13kg.

The one above has xtr,sids, those new light weight hope brakes, carbon wheels and superlight tyres.

That would easy save 2kg.

mos

The wheels are those lightweight Roval hobbies.
    Transfer SL dropper.
    I moved away from the Travers as I much prefer the longer geo of the Cotic bikes. I think my RutTi was a 2016 model and things move on I guess.

A flaremax with a similar spec would be cool, possibly 13kg? Can’t remember what the one Guy Kesteven built weighed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.