Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • My new watch…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Now from threads past I can see this topic is always popular so I shall now bore you with my latest edition (my only edition tbh)

£14.99 from Argos half price ! Bargain perfect for what I need…and I hate wearing watches but I like this simple and clear…

Yawn Yawn bore sorry folks thats all for now

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Looks a sensible choice, tougher and more accurate than a Rolex.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thank **** it’s not another dull, gopping G-Shock.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

and saved yourself about 4.5k which you can now spend on a holiday.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That’s one of the nicest watches I have seen on STW. Looks a compete bargain. Off to Argos to have a look….

dannybgoode

I got one of those when it was last that cheap in Argos.

Brilliant for riding in etc and smart enough should you forget to take it off when suited and booted…

zilog6128

lol, when I saw the thread title and the OP I just knew it would be a casio 😀 Looks slightly better than I expected though!

onandon
    Free Member

Did you use a wookie to model that for you.

hora
    Free Member

I really like that. Whats the ref/model?

sweepy
    Free Member

I think i might get one of those. I hate watches, and only really need one to save getting my phone out to find out how late I am when riding. Oh and to poke holes in the sleeves of all my merino tops.

fasthaggis

Great thread.

Not mocking ^^

Yak

Great.
    This is the right way to do it imo. It tells the time, and if you inadvertently smash it up in a biking/diy/IT disaster manner then its not the end of the world. I do this, but even cheaper – casio F-91w. Default (yearly) choice after I broke 4 of my watches and my wife’s too. 😳

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

there you go

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9025873.htm

on and on – Member

Did you use a wookie to model that for you.

That was funny I might transplant some hair to my head !

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Does the bezel orate or not? Reviews seem to disagree.

Has one similarly about 15 years ago. Didn’t last that long but not bad watch for outdoors etc.

hora
    Free Member

Reserved. Cheers chaps.

On the hairy one ^ my arms are bald/minimal leg hair too!

slackalice
    Free Member

Its an hour behind already. Take it back 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Does the bezel orate or not? Reviews seem to disagree.

it does rotate I can confirm it does rotate !

DezB
    Free Member

Now that’s a watch that treats the wearer like an idiot!
    Not only 1 – 12 in massive numerals, but all the 24hr numbers and the 15 minuters in 5 min increments round the bezel 🙂

Does the bezel orate or not?
    I think you have to pay a bit more for one that does after dinner speeches.

fasthaggis

OP
    I would be careful with that staple in the strap,that could be nasty.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Damn autocorrect!!!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t like it, it looks like a Red X on my screen.

I would have chosen something more pleasing to the eye 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

fasthaggis – Member

OP
    I would be careful with that staple in the strap,that could be nasty.

Its okay I have cleared it with the HSE 8)

fasthaggis

Its okay I have cleared it with the HSE

Later today ..

CountZero

That’s my kind of watch! About as clear and unambiguous as it’s possible to get. And cheaper than most watch straps!
    What’s not to like?
    Almost worth buying in bulk at that price, just in case you break it. 😉

enduroforever
    Free Member

Very nice. Looks similar to this Breitling military issue colt

mefty
    Free Member

I got one after a PSA on here – very good buy, it doesn’t orate, but I can do that, but it does rotate but not in a clicky way. Also the luminosity is not great, but for £15 I can use my blackberry at night.

EDIT: I bought it because it was cheaper than a strap!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

enduroforever – Member
    Very nice. Looks similar to this Breitling military issue colt

Like ! fancy swopping ?

skiboy
    Free Member

As an owner of both a Casio G shock and a Rolex sea dweller I can state FACT that a Rolex is a without a doubt the better watch.

Haters gonna hate but I’m afraid it’s true.

I’ve worn my dweller nearly everyday for 7yrs and despite it getting scratched it’s now worth approx double what I paid for it,
    My Casio on the other hand is hardly marked but I’d be lucky to get half what I paid for it.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

it’s now worth approx double what I paid for it,

not really comparable is it, one watch costs £4000 + the other £60 ish but I get your irony/joke…

However they both tell the time !

Fancy swopping 😆

skiboy
    Free Member

Glad you saw the irony,

It’s good you bought a watch, don’t understand the way people say you don’t need a watch if you have a phone .

Surely it’s better just to flick your wrist than take a phone out your pocket ?

Technology seems to ignore good old common-sense and were all dragged along with its false ideals

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

thats why I bought one, my mrs has a few footballers wives watches, so I get the value thing but Id rather buy more useful things like silly old cars and tools !

hora
    Free Member

Mine says Fri in Spanish on the day window and its quite thin/fragile (strap) 🙁

choppersquad
    Free Member

Read the thread…liked the watch…bought the watch.
    £15 well spent.

sparkyrhino

had one a few weeks now,had a massive crash at degla whilst wearing it,watch survived,and I grazed my shin 😐

stuey
    Free Member

I’ve got one reserved but if they make you crash…

Alex

I bought one a while ago. needed a new battery within two months but otherwise it’s great.

CountZero

It’s good you bought a watch, don’t understand the way people say you don’t need a watch if you have a phone .

Technology seems to ignore good old common-sense and were all dragged along with its false ideals
    Precisely! This is the argument I continually have with people who insist it’s easier to take a phone out of a pocket and wake it up, turn it around, etc, just to do what takes a couple of seconds with a wrist watch; tell the chuffing time! It’s why wristwatches were invented, to avoid having to do virtually the same thing with a fob-watch in the trenches during WW1.
    It always looks like silly showing-off; ‘Hey, look everyone! I’ve got a whizzy phone! Look, it can even tell the time!’
    Idiots.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

@Hora sounds like you have a duff one !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘My new watch…’ is closed to new replies.