Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • My new Trespass jacket.
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nice looking,but a bit on the sweaty side.Any ideas on how to make it less sweaty?It,s a waterproof and windproof job.Cheers for any help.Monkey.

footflaps

Punch some holes in it?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get fitter
    Lose weight

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cut the arms off..

matt_outandabout

Unzip it?

butcher

Stop wearing it in the house?

scotroutes

Carry it in your Camelback

Suggsey
    Free Member

Take it back for a refund and buy a breathable windproof

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Add 1 foot long zips under each arm pit

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thought about sticking needles in the arms and back.Not to sure its a good idea.Its not for cycling, just for walking about in.Still been sweating a bit.We have had high humidity lately.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get something breathable?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Which jacket is it?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Thought about sticking needles in the arms and back.Not to sure its a good idea.Its not for cycling, just for walking about in.Still been sweating a bit.We have had high humidity lately.

Stop walking about, sit down and relax !

Northwind

monkeycmonkeydo – Member

.We have had high humidity lately.

Give up- no jacket will keep you dry in humid, warmish conditions, the breathable material won’t work at its best and even if it did, breathability doesn’t stop you sweating, or take the sweat away, it just allows it to leave.

Decide whether you’re better off with or without a raincoat and do whichever you decide.

ThePinkster

Wear a wicking base layer underneath it. That should draw the sweat from your body and allow the moisture to enter the air between it & the jacket, where the breathability will come into play.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thats what i was thinking pinkster.Not sure this jacket really has any breathability.Thanks for your replies.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Which jacket is it

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

you didn’t tell you what jacket it is so we can avoid…

mav12
    Free Member

sell and buy a paramo

kennyp
    Free Member

Trespass stuff is pretty cheap, and there’s usually a reason why something is cheap. And in case you think I’m being all kit snobby, on colder days I use a totally dirt cheap Decathlon jacket on my commute. It cost about £15. Keeps me warm and pretty dry, but is the least breathable thing I’ve ever owned so come warmer days it doesn’t get touched.

Northwind

Oh fwiw I have a trespass tres-tex waterproof, it’s highly breathable and fully waterproof, if the brand snobs could tell it from something costing 4 times as much I’d be amazed. It just fails to do the job that all the other waterproofs also fail to do.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Not sure if getting fit would make the jacket less sweaty.Cheap breathable strong,Pick two.

hot_fiat

I have a trespass tres-tex waterproof, it’s highly breathable and fully waterproof

Careful with that. Last Tress-Tex jacket I had suddenly became not waterproof at all by de-laminating in a stinking downpour on the top of Pen y Fan. Was beyond not amused.

sell and buy a paramo

not while I still have my sight.

Northwind

hot_fiat – Member

Last Tress-Tex jacket I had suddenly became not waterproof at all by de-laminating in a stinking downpour on the top of Pen y Fan.

My old goretex one did much the same up ben vorlich, the main performance difference was that it cost about 4 times more 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘My new Trespass jacket.’ is closed to new replies.