Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • My new ride
  • z1ppy

you can get offset bushing for any FS bike, it’s whether there space around the shock mount, to allow them to fit (move the shock closer to the frame) is the question

GW
    Free Member

tyre clearance at full compression is another

timc
    Free Member

Nice bike! not sure about the puma though!

hora
    Free Member

Fantastic little car and more importantly the engine. No need to drop a gear on the motorway whilst in 5th- it just feels alot deeper/bigger-engined than it actually is.

timc
    Free Member

looks good outside the hairdressers as well, bonus 😉

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Try running about 2 or 3mm more (at the shock obviously) sag on the rear than the instuctions suggest and make sure your forks are either damped to stay up in their travel, or set with a little less sag than usual. Also bear in mind that it’ll take a good half dozen rides to bed in the bushings and get it feeling really nice on small stuff.

5Spots seem to have quite a fine line set-up wise between feeling a little to much like you weight is on the bars and feeling nice and agile but it can be done, don’t worry.

Here’s mine (same colour):

AlexSimon

Pumas are ace. Turners are ace. It’s all good.

hora
    Free Member

robinlaidlaw I bow down to your photography skills however your gardening skills are on a par with mine 😉

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Yeah, turns out I don’t really like gardening very much 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

look alright hora. shouldve got a tracer instead though.

those ardents are ok as a rear tyre, they let go too easy when banked over for a front imo.

just wondering, if you are thinking of slackening it further then why bother reducing fork travel? just lose 10mm of spacers under the stem to achieve the same bar height.

EDIT: and what Chris said, its a bike you tool.

catching you ‘riding dirty’ wouldnt be a challenge would it? crapping in the bushes indeed…

hora
    Free Member

No spacers under the headset- unless I use a lower-depth stem than the Thomson.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Could you run flatter bars?

slowrider
    Free Member

dont start him on lower bars, apparently because riser bars felt good 15 years ago you cant look at alternatives

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Turners do have long headtubes, you might need flat bars or a negative rise stem to get your bars where you are used to on the larger sizes.

hora
    Free Member

Looking at stems now- cant find any threads etc on google relating to a stem depth. The only ones available seem to be paedo/bmx ones.

edit http://forums.mtbr.com/downhill-freeride/super-low-stack-height-stem-recommendation-363049.html

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

One with a small rise, about 6 deg or so, run upside down?

AdamW
    Free Member

Too many gears.

Bunnyhop

Gorgeous.

younggeoff

Very Nice, just put mine together too, need to see how it rides

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Nice ride.

stcolin
    Free Member

Hora, what did you have before?

hora
    Free Member

A Blur4x with a 1-inch shorter top tube.

snaps
    Free Member

Mine arrived last week – bargaintastic from Merlin but they sold out fast!

Awaits comments about the antique phone & state of my spare room 🙄

Hora – which front mech did you use?

hora
    Free Member

Top swing mech. Remember to cut off the excess swing arm though. In a rush I forgot and test rode it down the road ‘clonking’

Mister-P
    Free Member

Giro haven’t used those boxes for a while now snaps. Does it say Gila on the front? Are you keeping it for Antiques Roadshow?

snaps
    Free Member

No its a NOS switchblade I got on Ebay last year for a tenner – I wanted it to mount my homemade LEDs on the chin section fixings.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Nice. Looks like you might suffer heel rub like me. I have old tubes wrapped around the lower of the seatstays to cure this on the Spicy
    Who cares if it looks gash. It not a fashion show

hora
    Free Member

Exactly I look like a right herbert on the bike anyway so sod bike fashion. Infact I think I’m more bike stylish than stopa’ who looks like a Glaswegan lager lout on a bike 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Offset bushings ordered.

hora
    Free Member

Wow, the lettering on the frame is made from soft cheese isn’t it? I’m about to lose one letter of the Turner name. After only a few weeks?!!

slowrider
    Free Member

stop trying to garner more interest in your latest toy. you have had lots of ‘ooh thats nice’, now grow up, move on, keep it to yourself. or write a blog about it.

oh, stick the letter back on with electrical tape. or sell it.

hora
    Free Member

Pity ‘Turner’ can’t be turned into a rude-word.

racefaceec90

like it 😀

slowrider
    Free Member

it is a rude word now you ride one. bike companies must wail in dispair when you buy one of their frames. ruins the good reputation and image they have worked hard to earn.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘My new ride’ is closed to new replies.