Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • My new Ibis Mojo
  • Damon
    Free Member

Built by the guys at OnePlanet Adventure at Llandegla my new Ibis Mojo… http://www.oneplanetadventure.com/

I am not cutting the fork excess until I've settled on a stem and handle bar combo. I am thinking of going for a less rise bar.

Spec:

Ibis Mojo in carbon
    Fox Talas 32 140mm fork
    Cane Creek headset
    XTR shifters, mechs, cassette, chain, BB and cranks
    Flying Snake sealed gear cables
    Carbon hanger with kcnc jockey wheels
    Fulcrum Red Metal 3 wheels, Fulcrum skewers
    Maxxis Crossmark LUST (tubeless) tyres, 2.25 front, 2.1 rear
    Easton DH Monkey carbon bars
    Ritchey WCS foam grips
    Thompson 90mm stem
    Formula R1 brakes with braided hoses and Formula rotors
    Ritchey WCS carbon seat post
    Fizik Gobi XM saddle
    Crank Brothers Egg Beaters SL
    Race Face bash guard (removed big ring)

ziggy
    Free Member

Very nice, I would suggest a bit more length on the rear brake hose though, needs to curve away from the top tube abit, that braided hose will eat the carbon.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I'd go for different grips, pedals and seatpost (and the frame in green or orange), but otherwise that is almost perfect. How does she ride?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    plecostomus
    Free Member

Weeds need to be removed from growing up against the wall in pics 2,3 & 4.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

OMG the bike is lush

Im just amazed that in the current economic climate people still have cash to spend on things like that

Good on you and I mean that from the heart

Out of interest what line of work are you in?

Im pretty much shafted and feel like a dead man walking at work

The recession sucks

highclimber
    Free Member

Show off!!! Jealous!!

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I'd go for a different bike. £4 grand ish for a piece of plastic that offers no discernable benefit over a "real bike".
    And a few that I've seen thru my workshop with "worn shock bushings" that were actually "delaminated linkage mounts" beggar belief.
    Nuff said

backhander
    Free Member

Apart from the grips (and I prefer flats), that's pretty near perfect that is.
    I hope you enjoy it mate.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Spec taculer, that looks fkn ace. commended.

Soup
    Free Member

A tasty beast indeed. Enjoy.

james
    Free Member

Theres a few things on that list that don't appear to 'fit' IMO with what the bike appears to supposed to be (some kind of ££££ XC/trail bike?)

"Race Face bash guard (removed big ring)"
    I'd have thought a big chainring would be good for fast pedally downs, especially given it only has a 32T now

"Fox Talas 32 140mm fork"
    Any reason why QR over 15mm? Given the nature of the rest of the components, did you consider carbon DT Swiss forks?

"Ritchey WCS foam grips"
    There are much less noticable places to loose weight IMO, ie not contact points

"Thompson 90mm stem"
    Given the rest of the build, why not follow suit and go for something lightweight?

Whats the rubber thing on the seat QR for?

Saddle angle appears a touch backwards, just not my personal preference

Otherwise, I like it lots

mushrooms
    Free Member

Ibis carbon and no mention of weight??? 26?

coogan
    Free Member

Plastic over priced tat.

hitman
    Free Member

I'd go for a different bike. £4 grand ish for a piece of plastic that offers no discernable benefit over a "real bike".
    And a few that I've seen thru my workshop with "worn shock bushings" that were actually "delaminated linkage mounts" beggar belief.
    Nuff said

such a positive comment 🙂

Coasting
    Free Member

My god theres some jealous tossers around.Great looking bike,be interseted in an update after a few rides.

shredder
    Free Member

Superb ignore the negatives and enjoy !

Wookster

HI mate looks very nice I love my mojo wicked bike and tougher than I'll ever need!! One tip get some heli tape on it stat as the cable rub is mental on those"!!! Enjoy mate!

Fozlett

shredder+1

Lovely lovely bike – enjoy!! 🙂

shredder
    Free Member

Good point on cable rub I got the kit from this guy http://www.frameskin.com/ for mine. He posts a lot over on MTBR Ibis forum, he is in Aus payed by Paypal and arrived in no time. Laser cut to exactly fit the Mojo highly recommend.

z1ppy

My god theres some jealous tossers around.

Have you not been here long?
    Just cause your drooling over it doesn't mean eveyone else is.
    I can't see the point of rigid hardtails, but am definitely not going to complement them either..

Personnaly I thought skyline's comment was the most telling ,and if I was going to buy a Mojo, it's comments like that, that I'd want to hear and investigate further

And no I don't like the Mojo's shape, though a white one kinda turned me slightly the other day (not enough though).
    Doesn't mean Damon's not going to enjoy it throughly and the best of luck to him.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I think it's a great bike. Hope you enjoy it!

MrGreedy

Looks great, now go and get it muddy!

Jamie
    Free Member

My god theres some jealous tossers around.

Wind your neck in mate, people are allowed to have differing opinions.

markd
    Free Member

Plastic over priced tat

cheaper than a 5 spot… *coughs* 8)

Nuff said

real bike eh? yawn.
    it's not plastic.
    'a few' through your workshop. Exactly how many and when was this?

mattp
    Free Member

that's lurverly – good to see one that's not been covered in paint – as above get some tape on the cable contact points & get it dusty asap..

njee20
    Free Member

"Ritchey WCS foam grips"
    There are much less noticable places to loose weight IMO, ie not contact points

I find the WCS grips really comfy, although prefer the Bonty ones, the fact they save 100g over Lock-Ons is a great advantage!

I really like the Mojos, and that's a decent looking one, agree on the 15mm thru-axle, and I'd have had different wheels, otherwise very nice.

markd
    Free Member

Ibis carbon and no mention of weight??? 26?

you don't have to aim for a light build with these necessarily.

Mine is 30lbs and rides sweet.
    Had a go on a 24lb SL and it was scary.

Carbon isn't just lighter, it has a different feel. You may want the feel without the lightweight. Make sense?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Thats a beauty! Needs to get muddy now though. 😀

Soup
    Free Member

Oh, and take the front mech set-up sticker off. Stunning looking machine though.

br
    Free Member

Definately the bling bike of the day, just needs some 'damage' from use.

Agree on bolt-thru though, I wouldn't go back to QR.

And if building it myself I'd have cut the brake hoses a bit longer…

And what does it weigh? Not what do you think, but a definate picture hanging on a pair of decent scales.

epicsteve
    Free Member

The lovely components on that almost make up for the looks of a truely hideous frame.

Bet it rides great though.

sprocker
    Free Member

would not dare ride it, puts my battered prophet to shame, enjoy !!

yetiguy
    Free Member

ha ha, when i showed my bike on here, i got loads of "off" comments.

A touch of the green eyed monster.

Enjoy your bike dude

still not as good as a 575 😀

montylikesbeer

The bike is a minter, hats off

Damon
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive comments 🙂

I've tinkered with the setup and got it ready for riding today in my first timed event.

Bike was great.

The setup is meant as compromise between XC and Trail Centre as I do both. First impression is the bars need to be flatter more XC.

br
    Free Member

Then you spoil your moneybags image with a little engined E39, get a proper one with a decent engine!

I have the same bars as you on my HT, but looking at your bike I'm a lot taller so benefit from the 'rise'. Maybe turning them, along with changing the stem length might help?

rOcKeTdOg

very nice, good to see it dirty too! just one thing, crossmark on the front??i'd be a bit scared of that

Rorschach
    Free Member

As long as you don't mince about on it like this tosspot

Toasty

Personnaly I thought skyline's comment was the most telling ,and if I was going to buy a Mojo, it's comments like that, that I'd want to hear and investigate further

All those still paranoid of carbon, the Ibis warranty is completely rock solid. My >3 year old frame developed a worrying mark on it yesterday, I contacted Hans and he's asked me to send it off to be replaced for free. The issue was something specific to XL frames from a few years back. I'm not the original owner, nor is the frame within it's 3 year warranty, I've pointed both of these out and he's still 100% fine with replacing the entire front triangle for a brand new one.

There's dozens of cases of this happening all over the MTBR forums. The 3 year warranty period beats most boutique bikes in the first place, most will haggle no end to try and stop you actually using it. I'm chuffed to bits and would merrily buy Ibis again. Lapierre, Orange, Commencal, Santa Cruz etc, all offer very rigid 2 year frame warranty offers.

showerman
    Free Member

get this on to cover your chainstay http://www.biketart.com/products/framewrap
    as chain slap and suck will eat the underside out in no time as i found to my cost that fluffy cover they give you is not up to the job, yep Hans at ibis is a top bloke repaced whole frame even as when it was outside warranty as the clear coat lifted in a few places now the owner of a new SL

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘My new Ibis Mojo’ is closed to new replies.