Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My new frame has arrived (non niche skill compensator content)
  • muggomagic

The warranty replacement for my 09 Remedy 8 arrived today.
    Thanks to Phil at Evans and Colin at Trek for all their help. It was very much appreciated.
    I think the frame is a real beaut and I can’t wait to get it built up and out for a ride. Just waiting for the headset to arrive then I can complete the build.

Of course comments about the length of the grass, state of the fence etc are welcome.

Tim
    Free Member

That looks bloody great fun 🙂

kerv
    Free Member

Frame looks nice but I think the garden chair could do with a scrub.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

That poor fence….

mikey74
    Free Member

What happened that required a warranty replacement?

Nice looking frame, although it is a little spoiled by that token gesture seatpost reinforcement IMO.

I really like the look of the bikes Trek are producing at the moment.

lipseal
    Free Member

Could you please ask next-door to take the washing line down
    please.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Lovely frame, but did they have to stick “full floater” on the CS. Looks like you’ve got mounts for either 1 standard BB or 3 teeny weeny ones 😉 Concentric drive ftw!

oldgit
    Free Member

Now I know who nicked the north shore.

belugabob
    Free Member

No more warranty replacements for you – the Trek manual clear states that you shouldn’t clamp the frame in a workstand 😉

stumpy01

Man, that frame is a beaut!!

Trek do seem to have upped their game in the looks department over the last few yrs – used to look at the root beer EX8 with a great deal of envy.

As above though, hope that frame is clamp is only tickling that top tube!
    Get a seatpost in it to clamp on, sharpish……

JonR
    Free Member

Lovely looking frame, its a shame the same can’t be said about next door’s outhouse roof which is a right two and eight.

scottidog
    Free Member

Why aren’t you allowed to put the frame in the workstand clamp?

stumpy01

It’s not good practice to clamp a frame tube in a workstand as the tubes are thin and not really designed for that kind of stress. You can put an awful lot of clamping force on a workstand without realising it – and potentially dent/crease/crush the frame.

Better off sticking a seat tube into the frame and clamping on that.

Probably one of those things that rarely causes actual damage, but has the potential to ruin a perfectly good frame needlessly.

jimw
    Free Member

It can also put twisting/bending loads in places the frame was not designed for them when actually working on the bike even if you tighten the clamp carefully.

scottidog
    Free Member

Seatpost it is from now on then!

muggomagic

A picture of the rebuilt bike. Looks better than I thought it would with the bits off the old bike. May start saving for some Fox forks with kashima stanchions though!

BTW the clamp was very loose. If I’m doing any work on the bike I don’t clamp it on the top tube as the cable are routed underneath the top tube. I put the old Bonty seatpost in and clamp it on that, as it won’t grip the Joplin post. Had no idea that it was frowned upon though.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think it depends on the shape/construction of the tube. I get the feeling I could very easily crush the top tube of my Dune with some cack handed over tightening. I’ve also got an old seatpost I use when I need it in the workstand.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My new frame has arrived (non niche skill compensator content)’ is closed to new replies.