Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • My new Evil Uprising frame!!!!
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Arrived today!!! In the following condition (direct from Silverfish)

Missing headset.
    Missing derailleur hanger.
    Covered in dust.
    Cosmetic marks showing the frame was previously built up.
    No paperwork inside the box.

That’s my weekend riding out the window!!

At least I don’t have ebola.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Wtf!?

Tbh after my bro and I bought ex demo RM’s from them, I personally wouldn’t bother again unless it was cheap cheap!

As things weren’t right from get go i.e. Bearings fork axle dropouts, gearing bb etc which I was told whole bike had been serviced BS!

When I needed a new bearing set for the slayer, richie seemed helpful but at huge cost of £80 or so.
    So it’s only if it suits them kinda thing.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

At least I don’t have ebola

Covered in dust.

Ebola dust, I’m afraid. Goodbye.

Gotama
    Free Member

Have you seen how much a replacement headset is as well? A mate’s lasted about 9 months and he is fastidious about maintenance. Also be careful if you’re fiddling with the pivot bolts as its very easy to crack the lacquer which then flakes off. Oh and I think he has packed the pivot bearings with grease to try and protect them a bit as a replacement set is also silly money – £145. I ‘think’ he said the replacements were better quality than the originals but only had just over a year riding 10 miles for about 35 weeks of the year. It rides beautifully though, just a shame it was designed by bros who live in 30 degree sunshine.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Evil truly fo live in cliud cukoo land with their designsinmind as they never learn from that shitty delta system linkage.

I’m sure it rides great for like 10mims until something needs doing, that just sounds like an EVIL pita.

nickdavies
    Free Member

Arrived today!!! In the following condition (direct from Silverfish)

Context? Was it bought brand new or as a special/ex demo or something..? Didn’t think Silverfish would deal brand new to the public?

legend
    Free Member

and this is why I’ll still never buy an Evil…..

edward2000
    Free Member

Nick – brand new and you can purchase direct from them as a member of the public.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Full refund and a I’m not gonna bother with a replacement is in order!

edward2000
    Free Member

So they have posted me a headset and a mech hanger and refunded £200. As it was the last in stock it was either take it or leave it.

AlexSimon

Daft that they didn’t communicate this before posting!

singlesteed
    Free Member

How much did this used frame that was meant to be new cost?

deviant
    Free Member

Contrast with my Giant frame that arrived last week, it was advertised as a frame only with the most basic Monarch shock….it arrived with headset fitted, interchangeable dropouts (135mm QR and 142mm x 12mm thru axle), an upgraded shock and Giant’s dropper post…

….I have been on the receiving end of shite though, a Saracen Ariel once arrived with a huge dent in the down tube, I photographed it and emailed the supplier who said it would be “fine to ride” and “was I really that bothered with a cosmetic mark?”….haha, good one….on a 2k bike I expect it to arrive in mint condition, when I forced the issue they duly collected it and replaced with an undamaged one.

I do wonder sometimes if people accept this crap which is maybe why suppliers try to get away with things like this?!

nickdavies
    Free Member

Nick – brand new and you can purchase direct from them as a member of the public.

😯 That’s not cool, was expecting it to be a sale or something.

Good they’ve put you right though, for a bit of faff & a bike that looks like you’ve ridden it you’ve got £200 off which can’t be bad.

singlesteed
    Free Member

But what £200 off what was meant to be a new £2k frame.

Depending on damage and condition, I’d be wanting atleast 40ish% off or full refund thanks very much!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘My new Evil Uprising frame!!!!’ is closed to new replies.