• This topic has 31 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • My New Car (my new car content)
  • Kit
    Free Member

Yes, it’s massive. So’s the car, etc.

by Kit Carruthers, on Flickr

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Whoa! Spoiler alert in the title please… 😺

I do like me a Hilux.

oldtennisshoes

no sign writing? #stealthginsellingadvertfail

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeyboyjc

Is this the new car thread? Just thought I’d check….

ebennett

I like that. Always had a hankering for a Tonka truck type thing but as I’m 5’7″ i think it might look like I have short man syndrome 😂

bikebouy
    Free Member

At least it’s not driving around a suburban town👍

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I came in here hoping – hoping! – for some new car content and was not disappointed.

johnners
    Free Member

I’m disappointed. Why isn’t it called “Thunder”, “Warrior” or “Throb-on” like most of that ilk? The background lets it down too, for best effect it should be slap-bang in the middle of the wavy no parking lines outside a primary school in the middle of a city.

matt_outandabout

White is so 2016 dahlings.

legend
    Free Member

2016 indeed, but still useful for highlighting the eco credentials

perchypanther
    Free Member

White is so 2016 dahlings.

In in which case it’ll look positively futuristic in the rural bit of D&G where Kit lives. 😉

surfingobo
    Free Member

I pick up my new to me navara outlaw next week.  Excited!

maxtorque

Coming flat out at 83mph  (trailing  a cloud of black smoke) to the outside lane of a motorway near you soon (and welded to the back bumper of the car ahead)………  😉

onandon
    Free Member

Title said car (twice) that’s a van / farm vehicle.

CountZero

Coming flat out at 83mph (trailing a cloud of black smoke) to the outside lane of a motorway near you soon (and welded to the back bumper of the car ahead)…

That sounds a bit like the Navara I picked up during the week, although I got a bit more than 83 out of it on the M5 back to Royal Portbury Dock. It had had a fairly hard life, though; I picked it up from the Royal Marine Commandos base in Exeter, and it wasn’t in what you’d call showroom condition…

I wasn’t welded to the back bumper of anything in front, though there were a couple of people who were happy to just pull out without looking/indicating, but that happens all the sodding time. #rollseyes

Not what I’d choose as an everyday mode of transportation, though.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

#doggingmobile ??

P-Jay
    Free Member

That might be the first white HiLux I’ve ever seen that’s not be retro fitted with a Soviet Cold War era Machine Gun and with half a dozen freedom fighters hanging onto it.

binners

Well at least he now knows his first modification. An anti-tank gun and an ISIS flag 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nice beast! Reminds me of the ‘Would you buy a diesel’ thread.

DezB
    Free Member

Not that I’m not pleased for young Kit and his new purchase, but I’m quite glad this is the first and only ‘My new car’ topic I’ve seen started on Singletrackworld.

somouk
    Free Member

Is there any reason you went for the Hilux over the Navara, Ranger or X Class?

Considering a similar purchase myself soon and not a fan of the Hilux interior.

Daffy

Do you work for the UN?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had a ranger for 3 weeks, top of the shop version and it was **** ace!

jimjam
    Free Member

Nice one OP, pick-ups are great (despite what some miserable sods say). My first “car” was an LN107, had an LN106 and an LN105 and I recently bought an LN173 for a bit of part time arb work. I had every intention of buying a mk6 or mk7 but I couldn’t see any meaningful improvement other than size over my old trucks. From what I understand the mk8 is much improved though.

Kit
    Free Member

Is there any reason you went for the Hilux over the Navara, Ranger or X Class?

Only the Ranger and Hilux were on my radar after doing an initial scan of reviews. Test drove both, and talked to loads of folk round here about their/others’ experiences with pickups. I preferred the feel of the Hilux (not as massive as the Ranger), the price was better, the warranty was better, I could get the colour I wanted (I don’t think Ford were offering a white Ranger without coughing up more money), and the sales guy had a much better (IMO) attitude. Wasn’t bothered about the interior – it’s only going to get covered in filth anyway.

The only weapon in my Hilux will be my big chopper.

no sign writing? #stealthginsellingadvertfail

I’m probably on a short leash with the mods. And besides #itwontbegin

tinybits
    Free Member

Like! – I’m hankering after an Amerok for my next car – my wife can have the small car for a change!

strike
    Free Member

That is VERY smart (and has just fed my lust for an X Class).

Edukator
    Free Member

What a tool

chakaping
    Free Member

that’s a van

That’s quite offensive to actual vans.

Why isn’t it called “Thunder”, “Warrior” or “Throb-on” like most of that ilk?

“Toyota Throbber” has a nice ring about it.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Considering the Op’s name Im disappointed

failedengineer

My Navara’s got chevrons, beacons and ‘Highway Maintenance’ on it.  I can feel the hate …..

Nico
    Free Member

I saw a Hilux “invincible” the other day. Beats a Skoda Superb for “I’ll be the judge of that” any day.

Even more amazingly I saw a pickup with stuff in the back recently. A first.

Didn’t they used to call them “technicals” in the “Blackhawk Down” era?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘My New Car (my new car content)’ is closed to new replies.